mordrag

What has happened to this community?

The yogscast did a LP and now all the kids are on.

Has nothing to do with what the OP is talking about.

Yeah, the community went down to shits, it's sad really. I reccomend playing with friends only as most ALL survivors will shoot you on sight, I used to take risks and approach people but I've learned my place in this game now. The problem is that all the mindless killing turns even more players into bloodhungry monsters, players in DayZ are more out for killing than the zombies could ever be. I now keep my M249 close with a M24 in my backpack, I don't take chances, I fire on everything that runs, so does my group.

I can tell you exactly what went wrong, And it happens to every new up and coming game.

Youtubers & Streamers.

A decent stream or video that gets out to the public attracts so many of the 12-17 genre of kids it is not even funny, A month ago the game was fresh. It was new and not many dumbass kids were playing it.

The worst of it is when the "popular" Youtubers from minecraft branch out into games like theese, and the cancer that is the fanbase will follow and devour the game until it is Easy and boring.

For this game to survive Rocket needs to ignore most of the community, As stupid as it sounds. The community as of right now is full of kids, and way too many of them. They will cry for stupid features and bitch and moan about the current game until it is dumbed down and casual.

Just today I seen a thread about some idiot crying that zombies can see him from 50m away while he is laying prone in the middle of a open field. If you can see them chances are they can see you

Edited by Kamfy

Bandits happened. They have caused the community to become jaded and untrusting. The new mentality is "kill them first or else they'll kill me".

Bandits we are respectable and help the game, so don't throw those retarded murderers in the same category as us when they resent nothing that banditry does.

Edited by TheCenturion

Answer is they removed the consequences for your actions (the bandit skin).

Once that was removed the majority of the community became Kill on sight dick heads.

• Like 1

Remember, one bean-eater killed today is one less bandit in the future. Do your duty!

I lol'd. Realism? So when (not if) the apocalypse hits, everyone will go around shooting every human they see instead of trying to survive together?

Yup, realism -.-

I think if this game were real, and I was trying to survive, I would take absolutely no chances. How do I know that guy isn't going to shoot me the first chance he gets? He's fighting for his life as well, after all. Obviously we have both survived thus far, we must have valuable gear/items/food. What he has, I want. If my survival depends on finding these things, I'm sorry but you're dead. You only need to trust someone you shouldn't have once, and it's all over.

Maybe in a perfect world, with a more rational species people would come together. But not humans. You can't trust anyone in this world.

I want the bandit skin back ;(

yes for the love of god yes

I think if this game were real, and I was trying to survive, I would take absolutely no chances. How do I know that guy isn't going to shoot me the first chance he gets? He's fighting for his life as well, after all. Obviously we have both survived thus far, we must have valuable gear/items/food. What he has, I want. If my survival depends on finding these things, I'm sorry but you're dead. You only need to trust someone you shouldn't have once, and it's all over.

Maybe in a perfect world, with a more rational species people would come together. But not humans. You can't trust anyone in this world.

IRL in an apocalypse, you would have more interaction, you would talk to the other guy, try to find out where he came from etc, you can also see peoples facial expressions and the tone of his voice. Also, In a real apocalypse anyone with common sense would band together and never travel without a partner.

And on the subject of bandit skins. I would like rocket to make another experiment and reintroduce them. I would love to see what happens now with a larger playerbase.

• Like 1

Let's face it... after months of playing this game the only thing left to do is hunt other players. If you want to live indefinitely then go to a far corner of the map that has a water source and hunt for food. If you visit areas of civilisation then accept the risks that come with it - whether it be the zombies, legitimate bandits, or players killing for fun.

You know those areas are dangerous yet you choose to go there. Is that the murderer's fault, or your own?

Racism in these forums? I'm appalled.

Didn't know saying, "Me and my CREW" was "gangster."

Stereotype much? If you look in the dictionary, these words are in the English vocabulary.

LOOOOOOOL ... PM me and add me on FB ... you will be damn surprised .... braaahhh

There is just no reason not to shoot someone. Once more things are released to make people want to work together then maybe just maybe people wont want to shoot on site. Realism is that most people want to work together in a situation with a common enemy. And there are still the nut jobs that have to be removed. But as of now its just DeathmatchZ. Just wait for another 6 months or so when the standalone comes out.

IRL in an apocalypse, you would have more interaction, you would talk to the other guy, try to find out where he came from etc, you can also see peoples facial expressions and the tone of his voice. Also, In a real apocalypse anyone with common sense would band together and never travel without a partner.

You are gambling with your life every time you try to trust someone. IRL the second you saw someone, you would both immediately point your gun at the other, I'm not going to give a random stranger the benefit of the doubt in a situation like this. The adrenaline rush you would get from seeing another person, and the fact that he could kill you with the pull of a trigger would cloud your judgement.

All it would take is one good liar and you're dead.

edit: I should say that this isn't the way I think this game should be played, I just think that's the way real life would turn out.

Edited by mmMike

You are gambling with your life every time you try to trust someone. IRL the second you saw someone, you would both immediately point your gun at the other, I'm not going to give a random stranger the benefit of the doubt in a situation like this. The adrenaline rush you would get from seeing another person, and the fact that he could kill you with the pull of a trigger would cloud your judgement.

All it would take is one good liar and you're dead.

edit: I should say that this isn't the way I think this game should be played, I just think that's the way real life would turn out.

No

I can tell you exactly what went wrong, And it happens to every new up and coming game.

Youtubers & Streamers.

A decent stream or video that gets out to the public attracts so many of the 12-17 genre of kids it is not even funny, A month ago the game was fresh. It was new and not many dumbass kids were playing it.

The worst of it is when the "popular" Youtubers from minecraft branch out into games like theese, and the cancer that is the fanbase will follow and devour the game until it is Easy and boring.

For this game to survive Rocket needs to ignore most of the community, As stupid as it sounds. The community as of right now is full of kids, and way too many of them. They will cry for stupid features and bitch and moan about the current game until it is dumbed down and casual.

Just today I seen a thread about some idiot crying that zombies can see him from 50m away while he is laying prone in the middle of a open field. If you can see them chances are they can see you

False. I am 17 and very rarely kill other players, and only then when I'm being threatened by them. Just because I'm not a certain age means that I'm not allowed to play this game that I love so much? As a huge fan of zombies, I have found myself looking for a good Zombie Apocalypse sim where you have to scavenge for food and survive, just like THIS ONE. It would be a very huge disappointment for me if I couldn't play because someone has generlized y entire age group as "Immature, KOS, CoD loving deathmatchers."

I've been killed many times by people who are in there 20's or 30's with a KOS mentality. I guarantee you that just as many adults as teenagers are sitting in the hills above Cherno with a high power sniper rifle waiting for a poor sap, who's only defense is a flashlight, to walk into their scope. Just as many adults as teenagers get good gear and decide: "Hey, I'll go kill some players on the coast today because it's fun seeing them shine a flashlight at me while I shoot them in the head." No matter how old you are, there are NO CONSEQUENCES FOR MURDER in this game. People of all age groups realize this and take advantage of it, which has nearly destroyed the social portion of this apocalypse.

Unfortunately, it's just the state of the game. I used to call out friendly too. If they didn't shoot me on sight or as I was calling friendly, as in your case, they'd reply friendly only to shoot me in the back the first chance they got. So now, if you're not in TeamSpeak with me and I don't know you, I shoot first and never bother about the questions. I've lost too much gear and survival time trying to be friendly. My real friends get together with me on TS. Outside that, it's not worth the risk trying to make friends any more. Cold, hard reality of the game.

Me and my crew will KILL on sight. Even if you say you're friendly and only have a flashlight. You are dead. No hesitation.

Does this make me an asshole? No, it does not.

Want to know why? Because it's a game.

Real life is a totally different subject.

Your crew? This them?

nerds-13814.jpg

A lot can happen in a month, many players lose that sense of adventure when first playing the game or have been bitten too many times t really want to put out a hand of friendship anymore. I have had only one friendly encounter in this game and even then, this player was unarmed and me and my ally were well armed and controlled the situation absolutely.

The real issue here is that death carry's a lot of weight in this mod and if you do murder someone they have to start all over again, some people take joy in that sensation that they caused someone grief and feel a thrill about it. Apply that to a bunch of people that do not have that kind of control in reality and you will find a large group of people with very light trigger fingers when they have the upper hand.

This mod really shows some peoples character when you allow them to stack the deck in their favor, like a sniper in a nameplate server with an AS50 overlooking Elektro there is no reason for him to be there other than to kill players in the most easy way possible. He does it because it feels good knowing that he is forcing people to start all over. What is worse is that this sniper can link up with other like minded people and now they can control a starting area with ease. Elektro is too far from Balota airfield so starting players with assault rifles will be rare, the highest threat that they will encounter is maybe a CZ or Enfield. Yet they will do this, over and over with little to no risk on their part.

The yogscast did a LP and now all the kids are on.

lol.Yogscast fault now. Not the fact that humans are all retards on the internet...

I highly recommend getting a friend or two, or four. Weapons have been severely nerfed, giving players with military gear and hackers extreme boosts and buffs. Almost all low tier weaponry has had their effectiveness cut in half, even the Lee Enfield, our last line of defense against hackers and snipers is now battered and injured. Players, hackers, and duppers have been stockpiling wire and are blocking off high yield loot buildings so noobs don't have access to them. CHERNO AND ELECTRO ARE NO LONGER SAFE, THEY'RE ALMOST NOT EVEN WORTH GOING TO. Bandit clans have been organizing groups to take over the large yield towns and kill anyone they find.

THIS is why i play this game