Sign in to follow this  
CombineNr42

The Night Hunt

Hello.

I have a Question about the Night in the Game.

1.Why does everyone uses Flares?Its like you are Screaming:HEY I AM HERE COME KILL ME!

2.Is it Night easier to Kill people because the Flares,Flashlight,Chemlight

Flares = come look at this moths so we can kill you.

• Like 1

I can tell you my story, one of the first nights I played I was actually a bit frustrated after losing some nice gear. Revenge on the innocent was my idea.

So I spawned, ran through the nereast town and found myself an enfield and som other handy stuff like flares, chemlights, matches and wood(haha). Then I sat out, lighting up fires, throwing flares and everything that could make some light to attract some players. Then I heard gunshots. Some moments later I see two people running toward the lights along a railway in crouch mode. One in front with a hatchet and the other behind with a rifle of some sort, guess it was to kill zombies quietly if they aggro any.

I started to sneak up on them to get in position with my enfield to kill'em as they came closer. By accident I aggroed a zombie, I had to run to get them of me, big mistake... I aggroed even more zombies, I could not just turn around and shoot them because that would alert they guys closing in on my position.. After a few seconds with running I had many more zeds after me and I saw no choice to run toward the guys I planned to kill. I did not hope for any help, but maybe some of the zombies would aggro on them instead. What happend was that they just laid down and watched me get eaten alive by the zombie hoard, haha!

Don't what they felt, but it most have been a funny sight that late night, haha.. No more night hunting for me since then.

• Like 2

Flares are only useful on pitch black servers against a nvg user. If it's a moonlit server you don't need anything, just adjust gamma a bit. Low pop night servers are easy for new spawns to gear up on as the nvg users are normally up by the airfield.