FlatulentRemedies

DayZ 1.7.2.4 Horrible texture bug!

This started happening to me after this patch aswell, the only place I've seen it so far is in Chrno by the docks.

It's not my drivers or my PC that is bad since I have an 7850 Grafics card witch runs BF3 on Ultra (Max).

eh to bad on all you guys, reinstalling my drivers worked for me...you enjoy the broken graphics while lookign at the ground ill kill you while you do! :)

just throwing my 2cents out on what fixed my issue but i guess it didnt work since ppl say no....but clearly it did for me :)

been playing for roughly 1hr since i did my reinstall of my graphics drivers and havent seen a glitch yet! Been having fun killing ppl at the NW airport who run it looking at the ground hehehe

Nobody cares. If it didnt fix it, you can stop trying to help/ruin others day.

It used to be a very persistent problem with the barbed wire spools but now the models of dead CDF soldiers and tents cause it. It should be fixed in he next patch.

The static appears from the dead soldiers, but i also noticed that it appears from some barbed wires, i walked up to it and saw the source coming from it, not sure if a soldier is under tho'

I fixed the bug by going into the advanced video options and changing the texture detail from high to very high. Now this hasn't bug hasn't happened to me at all. I hope this helps.

Edited by addictedgamer6

it appears from firestations aswell

Firestations are a popular target for barbwire griefers, thats likely the source, not the station itself.

Edited by jblackrupert

I started noticing the stretched textures around Green Mountain. When my bud was in front of me I in his ghilie suit I would see triangle shapes above him. They would bob up and down as he moved. When we got closer to the top of the mountain we both saw them coming from the dead soldiers. I was seeing some strange looking archetectural sculpture of colored triangles about 20 feet high. He was seeing something similar. Seemed like it was also coming from debri piles. First time I've seen it this bad. When you get close enough they would render correctly, and then get crazy again once you were far enough away. We figured it was probably related to the server, but maybe it's this latest beta patch.

Answer =

hold shift and numpad minus, then type 'flush'

it should retrieve and the glich will be gone

For Nvidia Users try installing the new 306.02 driver,after i did that i didn't have it any more

Its an error with the dead soldiers around the area, has nothing to do with GFX drivers or your PC at all......if you follow the glitch to is source its usually a dead soldier on the ground

Its an error with the dead soldiers around the area, has nothing to do with GFX drivers or your PC at all......if you follow the glitch to is source its usually a dead soldier on the ground

Its was gone for me when i installed the latest driver and the latest BETA patch