FlatulentRemedies

DayZ 1.7.2.4 Horrible texture bug!

Does this to me as well, but on fire stations and another type of building. One thing that "seemed" to work for a while was turn switch my HDR to very high and bck to normal or vice versa.

I have an ATI 6950

• Like 2

I posted something about artifacting in the other thread about this, may help some people.

This is artifacting. When in game to flush video memory hold Shift and numpad minus (-) and then let go of them at the same time. Immediately type "flush" (without quotes of course), no window to type anything will pop up, but when you type it in you will get a black screen with receiving for a little bit and that flushes video memory. Arma 2 is the only game I've ever seen artifacting in, but my friend who also gets a lot of artifacting says that turning on vertical sync sometimes helps, though that's mostly for screen tearing. Yesterday I had to flush twice, the first time I tried it didn't really work so I waited a bit and kept moving on and tried again when we next stopped. Generally though artifacting is when a texture or model gets corrupted and one or a few pixels are way away from where they should be, so the model and textures do their job and texture in the item as normal.

Edited by spokely
  • Like 1

This isn't a new bug with 1.7.2.4 its happened before but what I have heard its happening more often I just look away from that location where the graphics screw up and it usually fixes itself in like 10 mins

Nothing to do with gfx drivers, it's a broken LOD on the dead soldiers.

• Like 4

reinstall your graphics drivers EVEN IF THEY R UP TO DATE....fixed it for me

if it comes back reisntall your windows. or better yet, buy a new PC.

• Like 2

got this with a gtx 670 and so did my friend with his amd hd6870. Tried some stuff to fix but looks like it something on the other side. It works perfect sometimes and sometimes not.

Hope it gets fixed.

Its unplable this way im around stary and every where i have this graphical bug.

Long login times also back and server disapearing or only comeback when refresh manytimes.

This patch SUCKS:(

eh to bad on all you guys, reinstalling my drivers worked for me...you enjoy the broken graphics while lookign at the ground ill kill you while you do! :)

just throwing my 2cents out on what fixed my issue but i guess it didnt work since ppl say no....but clearly it did for me :)

been playing for roughly 1hr since i did my reinstall of my graphics drivers and havent seen a glitch yet! Been having fun killing ppl at the NW airport who run it looking at the ground hehehe

Edited by scypheroth

lol at people suggesting you reinstall drivers its the game looool

last patch didnt do it now it does how has everyones drivers corrupted or gone wrong since the last DayZ patch :lol:

• Like 2

im sorry but i shouldnt have to reinstall my graphics card drivers or reinstall my windows operating system to get the graphics fixed on this game it worked before this patch i never had a problem with it before so its not our graphics cards drivers and nor is it our operating system its obviously the new patch so yer this needs sorting

happens to me and my mates as well it seems there is something up with military tents.

which really sucks because we can't loot them for there NV goggles :(

this needs to be fixed asap.

Nothing to do with gfx drivers, it's a broken LOD on the dead soldiers.

Yes i think that too. thats why the bug always arises at military bases.

It's everywhere what is even a little bit of militarims, tents,dead bodies,humvees,tanks.... Atleast this bug is at every militarism place in the game for me.

reinstalling windows and the drivers helps.

of course thats because you have to exit the game and thus flush the vram this way. /facepalm

It has to do with the AO Beta Patch. THey said it will be fixed next patch chillax. As said above it has to do with LOD on the dead soldiers/players/zombies. This glitch has happened a few time to all of my group a few beta patches agao and did it early on in the mod. Not a big deal :D

• Like 1

Do this:

But while doing it have your binoculars out, that's what fixed it for me.

This is artifacting. When in game to flush video memory hold Shift and numpad minus (-) and then let go of them at the same time. Immediately type "flush" (without quotes of course), no window to type anything will pop up, but when you type it in you will get a black screen with receiving for a little bit and that flushes video memory. Arma 2 is the only game I've ever seen artifacting in, but my friend who also gets a lot of artifacting says that turning on vertical sync sometimes helps, though that's mostly for screen tearing. Yesterday I had to flush twice, the first time I tried it didn't really work so I waited a bit and kept moving on and tried again when we next stopped. Generally though artifacting is when a texture or model gets corrupted and one or a few pixels are way away from where they should be, so the model and textures do their job and texture in the item as normal.

Haha, yep. Happens to me too. Kinda sucks because I can't see if a zombie is there. >_< And no, it's obviously not your graphics card, just the game._.

As a temporary workaround til they get it fixed, people might try disabling Antialiasing. I haven't seen it happen since I disabled AA in the graphics options. YMMV of course.

At Balota airfield or Cherno center turning off Anitaliasing fixed the bug for me but when a friend and I went to the green mountain it became unplayable for both of us no matter how much we played about with the settings. Activating flush has no impact. We're running different set ups yet have the common problem.

-Patiently waiting for the next patch and avoiding certain areas until then.

Edited by CQ2