Sign in to follow this  
Buddy1913

First Life

Hey everyone,

i started playing DayZ yesterday (27th of july) and i have to say it knocked my socks off,

after spawning in onthe coast between Balota and Chernogorsk and waiting around for my clan to organise themselves in prigorodky for about a half hour i was 'ordered' to start making my way to them. the moment i get up from the prone position i get spotted by a zombie and start giving it legs.

it felt like forever i was running, using the orienterering skills i learned in school and reconising landmarks on the map open on my oposite screen i was able to skirt around chernogorsk to the north and join back on the road next to the bridge on the west side of the city.

the zombie still chasing me and attracting about 3 more still running for it i reach a minor road turn off and beeline straight for prigorodky, while running around one of my clan mates spotted me and started guiding me in getting me to draw the zombies into what they called a 'kill zone' once i was inside it bullets start flying and that was that.

they guided me into the building and we re-grouped, fed and watered but still un armed with nothing but a soda can in my pack we make our way to Pusta to gather some meat from likely to spawn animals. upon reaching pusta we find a weapon for me a Le-enfeild 'Dinner bell' rifle but no ammo. good thing too as that thing attracts zombies like bees to honey. or fat people to an all you can eat buffet (im joking!!) but retreating into the forrest and cooking the meat they restore their lost blood and we head into a large warehouse where we find a hatchet... that glitched out as i tryed to equip it.

now moving to a large single floored building we decided to call it a night and the four of us logged off.

now lets see how long we last when we get back.

in the whole escapade im still alive after about 3 hours on first life, the target is to link up with the rest of the clan on Pik Kozolva and get our 15 man 'army' up to full stregnth.

До свидaния (da-svee-da-nee-ye) Good luck!!

Welcome to the game. Don't worry, you'll die soon enough.

• Like 1

well i think i am LONG overdue a death.

Day Two:

Logged in with the 3 other clan members back into the game at Pusta, gathered out weapons and a few dispatched zombies later in a near empty server. we decided to scout round and move into Chernogorsk and raid the hospital and supermarket for some usefull resources.

although there were no guns that weren't lee-enfields but anyways we found a hatchet and started dispatching the few zombies that were around.

but we played for a little longer until we met up with another clan mate. 5 out of us have now linked up and the group is getting stronger.

still alive after about 7 hours, feeling that i am LONG over due a death.... shocking really, ive never wanted to die in a game before, but staying alive is key carrying most of the groups medical supplies.

До свидaния (da-svee-da-nee-ye) Good luck!!

Great first life story!

Good luck! You're bringing the average lifespan up. :D

Great first life story!

Good luck! You're bringing the average lifespan up. :D

thanks,

Day Two update:

upon having to leave the PC for personal reasons i am now on my own on the outskirts of Chernogorsk, when i get back to being able to play, things are going to get very interesting. but listening in on my clan mates as they leave me and start to group up, finding a server and eventually grouping, we are now up to about 7 people not including myself.

they keep talking of their dices with death and just listening to them is making my heart pump faster and the adrenaline start flowing. hearing that there is one of them that is running dangerously low on blood and knowing that i have a blood bag on me is really frustraiting!

lets see what the future brings, as the sun sets on day two.

До свидaния (da-svee-da-nee-ye) Good luck!! im going to need it...

Edited by Buddy1913

Day Three:

Alas Day three ends what i consider to be a good first life.

logging into a recrut server to try and get back with a couple of guys in the clan i got mercillesly gunned down while loading in.

after all loading is done i see <myusername> was Killed in blue and a flurry of regroup commands. then followed by the screen ive been somewhat longing to see. the Red palm reaching to take my character out of the hell hole of this ex soviet state..

Back to the beach for me. Buddy out.

Round two, BRING IT!

i got a hint for ya next time man, try logging out when you are in the cover of a forest, and make sure you are prone, it will be easier to spawn in and not get shot

i got a hint for ya next time man, try logging out when you are in the cover of a forest, and make sure you are prone, it will be easier to spawn in and not get shot

i was prone and in a forrest, just unlucky (and waited about 10 mins to load in despite a high powered machine and low ping)