Sign in to follow this  
InfectedRamo

So, I'm On Vacay (Computer Specs)

I'm on vacay so I can't exactly see if my desktop computer back hom e can run AarmA 2. Now, I do remember some of the things about my computer though.

I have AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2,21 Ghz or something like that.

Nvidia Geforce GT 440.

2.8 GB of RAM

So can I run Day Z? hah, I know its probably been asked alot, but its killing me.

I can run Medieval 2: Total War FYI. I know, old game.

I would think you could on low to medium settings. I would suggest downloading the ARMA demo on steam or whatever and seeing how that runs. Usually is a good baseline.

The ram bothers me a bit though.

Still, demo and good luck :)

ive got a Q6600 , 3gb ram and a 560 GTX and it runs pretty fine on Low.im upgrading the next days anyway.

i see all these topics, i got 1gig ram and a old pentium d i dont even meet minimal req's acording to canirunit and i get 30fps, look at tuts and play with settings it will run fine

ive got a Q6600 , 3gb ram and a 560 GTX and it runs pretty fine on Low.im upgrading the next days anyway.

That processor is why you are suffering. I too have a low processor and this helped me. I couldn't understand how I'd only get 10-15 FPS a second when I'd push everything to low. My card is a GTX 550 Ti. Certainly, it should run it well.

Well, what I learned is that when you push your settings on low it actually shifts to the CPU. So I was actually making the problem worse by doing this. I have to run the game with high settings to get good FPS. Also, after you launch arma2 you can try changing arma2 priorty to high. This helped a lot with the fps drop when zooming on cities.

Hope that helps some!

Edited by Flurf

i see all these topics, i got 1gig ram and a old pentium d i dont even meet minimal req's acording to canirunit and i get 30fps, look at tuts and play with settings it will run fine

The minimum requirements where made before todays set of Drivers and Utilities where released, and therefor a set of optimisations might have enabled you to run the game :)

Also OP you should see if you can upgrade your GFX Card, a 440 wont cut it in the long run :) i reccomend the 560 Ti, exellent card wich gives you atleast another year or two on your pc :)

that is if you have the powersupply to run it :)

Good Luck! - Althaluz

That processor is why you are suffering. I too have a low processor and this helped me. I couldn't understand how I'd only get 10-15 FPS a second when I'd push everything to low. My card is a GTX 550 Ti. Certainly, it should run it well.

Well, what I learned is that when you push your settings on low it actually shifts to the CPU. So I was actually making the problem worse by doing this. I have to run the game with high settings to get good FPS. Also, after you launch arma2 you can try changing arma2 priorty to high. This helped a lot with the fps drop when zooming on cities.

Hope that helps some!

low settings give less fps than high for me, no idea why tho

try putting the top 2 settings on high rest on low and check ur fps

low settings give less fps than high for me, no idea why tho

try putting the top 2 settings on high rest on low and check ur fps

I have no need to, I get 30-45 fps constant now. Sorry that didn't help at all. This game seems to run different for everyone.