Sign in to follow this  
drawx

Anyone here with a running Vilayer server 1.7.2.4?

Hey there, i just bought a 50 slot server @ Vilayer. It seems the server is still running on 1.7.2.3.

The servername is still DayZ - Country# (1.7.2.3/95312) (Regular|3D:ON|CH:ON) dayzmod.com - DraWx | Vilayer.com

- How can i give it a real name instead of Country# ?

- I see 3 updates @ updates tab in ACP but cant seem to install them all 3. Can just install one and when i want to install the next one the old one isnt installed anymore it sais..

Anyone with experience here who could help me abit? Thx in advance.

Hello.

Firstly you only need to run 1 update.. and install

Login to your control panel

Stop the server from ACP

Click on updates - look for what you have installed and whats new and available

Run the install for the latest version 1.7.2.4 - this will then extract and install new dayz files and a new arma2 beta

Goto file settings - configuration files - click on cfgdayz\server.cfg Text editor to show name etc

change these settings to the updated numbers ..

Enforce Beta Version (new numbers here)

DayZ Version (new version numbers here)

Arma2 Version (new numbers for patch here)

these number above need to be EXactly the same as what you just installed, otherwise people wont connect

Click save at the top - it will say saved when finished

Go back to Game services - click Start

Server will restart with new name - updated files - updated beta

yes its that simple..

As you have stated you have tried to run them all.. you can only use 1 update..

you may have screwed your server.. if it does not start (errors) or you cant connect..

my best advice is goto ts3.vilayer.com and ask for it to be checked by a member of staff

hope this helps.. any questions hit me up!

cheers

Edited by machoman

Hello.

Firstly you only need to run 1 update.. and install

Login to your control panel

Stop the server from ACP

Click on updates - look for what you have installed and whats new and available

Run the install for the latest version 1.7.2.4 - this will then extract and install new dayz files and a new arma2 beta

Goto file settings - configuration files - click on cfgdayz\server.cfg Text editor to show name etc

change these settings to the updated numbers ..

Enforce Beta Version (new numbers here)

DayZ Version (new version numbers here)

Arma2 Version (new numbers for patch here)

these number above need to be EXactly the same as what you just installed, otherwise people wont connect

Click save at the top - it will say saved when finished

Go back to Game services - click Start

Server will restart with new name - updated files - updated beta

yes its that simple..

As you have stated you have tried to run them all.. you can only use 1 update..

you may have screwed your server.. if it does not start (errors) or you cant connect..

my best advice is goto ts3.vilayer.com and ask for it to be checked by a member of staff

hope this helps.. any questions hit me up!

cheers

Okay, i have these numbers in ACP:

Enforce beta version: 95389

DayZ version: 1.7.2.4

Arma 2 version: Beta 95389 (wrote down beta manually since i saw every server with it)

I can see my own server in Six Launcher but cant realy join it yet. I also dont see "Chernarus" as map at the Island collum in Six Launcher.

Are my numbers correct?

Hi,

Yes thats correct you have the latest versions of both..

the only problem you will have is that you may have done it wrong when you were trying to do it yourself.

Th best bet is contact the guys at Vilayer to check it as it may not work and need re-installing there end..

Ok, I guess this is a new server?

I think they have to provision it and make sure it talks to the hive. I think that usually takes up to 24hrs maybe? Anyway I noticed that with my server and once I got my official server number everything was ok. As far as an actual update, Macho is right.

It is very possible you have not received an Instance ID yet (these are provided by DayZ to Vilayer and then to your server)

If you go into your ACP and then edit your server.cfg (same place you edited the beta numbers etc... as instructed by Macho) towards the bottom should be an InstanceID, something like DayZ_XXXX.chernarus, where XXXX is your instance ID as provided by DayZ.