torph (DayZ)

Killed on Loading Screen, but still have gear?

Player Name: Torph

Server: EU9

Time: 9:45am

Report: I just logged into a server, to be told 'Torph was killed' whilst I was on the 'Receiving' screen. It then proceeded to take me to the debug zone with a completely empty inventory. There was someone else there but it was a veteran server so didn't get a name. Anyway i left the server and loaded up again so i could start again, though i was annoyed at being killed the way I was. I loaded a server up and it did indeed spawn me on the coast as if I had died. The strange thing was that I was spawned in with a full inventory, all the same gear i had when i logged yesterday, and all my recorded zombie kills and player killers.

Now, if someone did indeed kill me on EU9 I think it was, they're probably wondering if I cheated, so I thought i'd report this before any possible accusations fly.

I played with friends for around 12 hours yesterday/this morning and we play on several different servers. This happend to me 3 times during that period. All three times when I loaded into a server it says I died and then I respawned on the coast with all of my gear. There was also a corpse left behind with all of my gear that was lootable each time I died. I was always logged out away from trees/objects, etc. One time I was in the middle of a large clearing even, so there was absolutely nothing around me for 50ish meters at least.

I've had weird things like this happen as well. Last night I logged into a server with a friend and as soon as we connected we were passed out with broken bones and bleeding. I bled out from 10k blood because I was passed out so long.

Earlier today I logged onto a server and was in the debug plain with nothing, I logged on to another server and I was teleported from where I was before to the coast with all of my stuff.

A while before that I logged onto a server and immediately was greeted with the "you are dead" screen, I played a bit and found a few things then logged off. The next time I logged on I was at where I was before I "Died" with all of my previous stuff.

Happened to me as well.

Not sure what ported me to the debug plains, but I believe rocket made it so that you automatically get ported to a spawn point if you log in on the debug plains now.

This would explain the coming in at a spawn point, rather than being back in the debug plains, but I can't explain what got me there or why I had no weapons.

I did get everything back afterwords though, and it said "Day 17" in the bottom right the next time I logged in, same kill count and gear.

Good part is I got to fill up on blood bags before heading back up north to my camp though, lol

Player Name: Torph

Server: EU9

Time: 9:45am

Report: I just logged into a server, to be told 'Torph was killed' whilst I was on the 'Receiving' screen. It then proceeded to take me to the debug zone with a completely empty inventory. There was someone else there but it was a veteran server so didn't get a name. Anyway i left the server and loaded up again so i could start again, though i was annoyed at being killed the way I was. I loaded a server up and it did indeed spawn me on the coast as if I had died. The strange thing was that I was spawned in with a full inventory, all the same gear i had when i logged yesterday, and all my recorded zombie kills and player killers.

Now, if someone did indeed kill me on EU9 I think it was, they're probably wondering if I cheated, so I thought i'd report this before any possible accusations fly.

This exact same thing has happened to me twice on US 530 in the past 48 hours. Killed on loading --> debug plains with no inventory --> disconnect and reconnect --> spawn on coast with all gear and counters. When I get back to my original location, my body is there with all of its inventory (so duped).

It's not so bad, but the hike back north does take time. I've never gone to the debug plains before 1.7.2.4.

It didn't happen to me, but I did have to go administer an epi pen to another player from my clan about two weeks ago who'd died and respawned on the coast unconscious with all his equipment. I was able to go on foot from the factory near Solnichny and find him in the beach at Otmel. In that time his hourglass marker had only progressed only a few pixels, we estimated if we had let the knockout timer run down it would have taken a few hours. We put it down to weird alpha stuff. Haven't been able to replicate this glitch. He also saw the you are dead screen before he spawned back in on the coast knocked out.

Edited by datguy

This happens to me at least once a week, sometimes more.

I log in and see 'Fru was killed', and I'm in the wastelands. I log off and reconnect immediately and find myself at a respawn point on a beach but with all my gear intact.

It happened today when I logged back into the same server I logged out of yesterday. As far as I know there have been no server or client updates since then, and I have the latest beta installed.

I've never run back to see if my corpse is where I logged out last, I will try to next time it happens and report back.

A regular bug. If someone or something kills you while your on the loading screen theres a possibility where the hive won't update you've actually died (so not resetting your gear) and just respawning you. Sometimes spawning you in an unusual place and not on the coast but this is rare. When people kill you when your on the loading screen and if you've ever seen people say "I killed someone that was standing still but there body vanished!!!" this is why you keep your gear because its saved your current inventory and active gear.

Hope I helped,

CRUSADER

This happens to me at least once a week, sometimes more.

I log in and see 'Fru was killed', and I'm in the wastelands. I log off and reconnect immediately and find myself at a respawn point on a beach but with all my gear intact.

It happened today when I logged back into the same server I logged out of yesterday. As far as I know there have been no server or client updates since then, and I have the latest beta installed.

I've never run back to see if my corpse is where I logged out last, I will try to next time it happens and report back.

Don't bother, because your corpse will not be there. If you die when on the loading screen your corpse 'disappears' and the (friendly fire) message appears. Reason for this is because Dayz is counted as a CO-OP mission.

Hope I helped,

CRUSADER

Don't bother, because your corpse will not be there. If you die when on the loading screen your corpse 'disappears' and the (friendly fire) message appears. Reason for this is because Dayz is counted as a CO-OP mission.

Hope I helped,

CRUSADER

Actually, the first time this bug happened to me my corpse was waiting for me when I got back to my camp after a very long hike north.

Actually, the first time this bug happened to me my corpse was waiting for me when I got back to my camp after a very long hike north.

Yes a bit of an error on my part. It depends on what part of the loading screen you was killed on, if you were killed early on then your body will disappear. If you were killed later on (near to being able to move around) then your body will still be there. This is because more of your player has been initialised and loaded.

Hope I helped,

CRUSADER

Yesterday I was greeted by a death screen just after loading, I respawned in the debug plain, after changing server I was on the coast with all my gear. After running for +/- 30 min I was back where I was supposed to be.

Today the exact same thing happened after joining us127

I have arma 95417 with 1.7.2.4.

Glad to see I'm not the only one this has happened to, I was lucky enough to have fraps on at the time and just pressed record as I saw my Dead_Parrot was killed.

server us165

This did happen to me once. But I did notice I accidentally joined a 1.7.2.3 server when I have 1.7.2.4 installed.

Dont know if this was a coincidence or the reason though.

Same thing happened to me, latest patch etc. Re-installing the game again only to find out this is a bug. Nice. Except the first time that this happened I lost all gear but had my ghilles suit?

*Note to self, back up games full directory and install patches manually. Steam version.