Sign in to follow this  
Bushmaster14

A few tips for new trigger happy players

It never fails when I'm set up on the outskirts of Cherno or Electra some fool has to fire his Mak at a zombie.

First off we know your in town because the zombies spawn when you run in and thats our first indication. If there are no players in the town the zombies despawn. So you hve no advantage there. Keep it in mind next time you are approaching a village,do it from a distance to observe for zombies. It will save you the trouble of running into a suprise.

Second is you have no reason to fire outdoors. This one is critical. Firing outdoors is dumb. It alerts snipers to your rough location if they have a good sound system and it draws in more zombies than your Mak and its piss poor accuracy can handle. The zombies charging at you from 360 degrees also guides in the snipers right where you are. So remember with the horde come the snipers crosshairs.

Fire indoors! This muffles the sound by 50% last I read. The zombies also cannot run indoors. They are slow thus giving you time to aim,fire and reload as needed and reduces the number of pissed off zombies to just those around the building. It also means snipers are less likely to hear the shot or not at all and less likely to see the zombies charging toward your location.

I hope this helps a bit,I figured this might improve your odds a bit,but if you are in Electra or Cherno you are likely there because you are looking for trouble or you are lacking common sense. There is simply nothing in those places that cannot be as easily had elsewhere with less than half the risk.

Edited by Bushmaster14
  • Like 2

Good tips for the new guys.

I only do Cherno or Electro when it spawns me there and I want to get the tools for food cooking/map etc quickly. I don't even bother shooting there unless another survivor and I bump into each other. Then they want to tangle with me. Never stick around there unless your aim is some crappy death matching.

As a sniper I can tell you this is all true. You shoot and we know where you are. You aggro zombies and we follow the horde. You go into elektro or cherno and you become target practice for the lesser (griefer) snipers. The best thing to do is not to shoot at all. Save your bullets for bandits and only use it on a zombie if it corners you. If you must shoot you will have, at most, a 2 minute window to relocate to a safer place before the sniper who heard your shot gets into position. At worst you have 5 seconds. Think before you shoot that bullet.

,but if you are in Electra or Cherno you are likely there because you are looking for trouble or you are lacking common sense. There is simply nothing in those places that cannot be as easily had elsewhere with less than half the risk.

Except blood bags...

Yes yes I know a cow or sheep can heal you up well. but honestly who carries 6+ meat on them?

When ever im in cherno/elektro i do the exact opposite of everything you've said. Except shooting, i don't need to shoot in cherno/elektro unless theres players shooting at me.

EDIT

I also forgot to add, I've never been snipped in cherno/elektro.

The 2 times i've been snipped has been military related (NWAF,Stary), where I was sneaking, not running full speed.

Edited by FrankTheDuck

zombies glitch through closed doors. But ya nice to know zombies despawn if no ones in town, but i've scouted many small towns with a few zombies but never ran into anyone

Except blood bags...

You know there's a hospital outside of the elektro/cherno area?

i've scouted many small towns with a few zombies but never ran into anyone

More than likely you spawned them yourself. That tip only works when you observe the town from a distance far enough away that you know someone else had to have spawned them. Otherwise, it's possible for a player to have been there and left while you were approaching or they were just well hidden and non confrontational.