Sign in to follow this  
Smacked

Your vehicle experiences.

Just curious about other peoples experiences.

Here is mine.

After convincing my friend to buy it and after a incredibly,head-aching, long time to teach him what to do, we finally are able to meet up, and go north. (Although he was still incredibly oblivious about so many things)

We finally and convienently met up at Balota, looted it, went to Cherno and went North. We had the standard gear I think, me having an AK and a M1911, him having a Revolver and some other gun, I think an M10 shotgun. We slowly made our way up to Pogorevka and him after, watching WAY too many videos about cars and him bitching about finding one along the entire way up to Pogo, right outside the church, speak of the devil, an actual (and my first) car. We were both pretty damn exicted even though it was one of the worst cars. If I recall correctly it was a UAZ. Not the Jeep, the really crappy red car. The loot in it was low-value, some jerry cans, mags for random weapons, various medical supplies, some food, etc.

But it was still a vehicle. So oblivious of all danger we sprint to it and try to drive it. Had full fuel and all green parts...besides that dang wheel..even if it did take us 15 minutes trying to figure why it isn't working. So now we needed a wheel. We go to the local towns near us looking for a wheel. No luck for a solid 2 hours. Somewhat defeated and him wanting to server hop for the wheel. We go back to the red car and we're both looking at the inventory when BAM! A small puff of smoke comes up a foot from where I am. We start running frantically and end up in the church together, waiting. I risk another visit to the red car but fortunatley this sniper has pretty horrible aim and missed me a solid 5 times. I run back to the church. We wait there for around 10 minutes when I get tired of it and take a look around. Behind the church I see a player pretty far away and spray a mag in that direction then run behind cover. Didn't know whether or not I even damaged him but we are still just looking around. Bored as heck, and defeated from the wheel hunt, my friend takes off in that direction when sniper shots starts going off around him. He turns around but still got shot 3 times and died almost instantly. Thats when I finally spotted the sniper in the tree-line directly south of us. After looking over the wall in third-person and having no view of the hidden sniper I suddenly see two players run south past the tree-line. I figured that was the sniper and the friend. So I immediatly give chase, wanting revenge and not really caring for my life. But the sniper was still hidden in a bush and got 2 shots on me almost instantly, so I was down. As I was in shock or whatever he suddenly sprints up to where I am thinking I am dead. He gets closer and closer with a revolver and when he is pretty much right on top of me I exit shock with only 400 blood left and still bleeding. Then he pops a revolver round into my head and I am dead. Didn't really care. Also, we were pretty mad because due to his bad aim, he shot the car at least 4 times and it exploded.

Later that day we are at the Krasnostav Airfield looking for loot and looking at vehicle spawns on another server. No loot so we head west, heading towards the NW Airfield but staying in the high northern region forest, hitting deer stands when I spot a red thing in the forest/hill ahead. And bang, right there, a fully repaired, full tank, and medium-stocked loot UAZ red car is there. Excited, we go to it and drive out of the forest going painfully slowly on the grass (15 I think) Even on the dirt road we barely went 30. But we finally hit a real road and start to go towards the airfield. Feeling protective we go left of the airfield and park it in the forest. My friend stays at the car while I go to the airfield alone. I check out the barracks, find a M24 for my friend, head towards the firestation when many shots ring out. I tell my friend to come pick me up close to the airfield and then all of a sudden when he gets into the forest nearing the airfield, a sniper shoots the tank of the car and the whole think blows up. I continue to head that way when 4 shots ring out and I am instantly dead. So we had that car for about, 3 hours.

A few days later, we both die and respawn. Me at Balota, him at Elektro or Cherno. He finds an actual PBX with decent fuel, probably just spawned. He gets and naturally it starts raining. So now on his way to pick me up, he gets down to 27 Celsius and of course, gets an infection. We still take the PBX for a joy ride up the coast, and manage to get anti-biotics then once we park it near Berenzino we get shot at instantly and both die. Had that for about 3 hours.

Now days later again(current life actually), we both spawn near Cherno, make a nice loot run, go to Balota, nice loot there again, M14 Aim for me, and a AKM for him. Instead of going straight north after Balota, I said, "Hey lets go along the coast this time instead of straight north." He says ok and we head towards Komorovo. I hear shooting and go into a small forest near Komo, and he continues to the warehouse. I spot a player to the left of me but lose him shortly after. Now im at the treeline, him at the warehouse. Then suddenly, he screams out..A TRUCK! AN OFFROAD TRUCK! AT THE WAREHOUSE! Me, stunned look over there and spot it. He starts going down the stairs of the warehouse, and me watching it. Then all of a sudden the engine revs' up and him yelling to take the tires out I start pouring 2 mags of DMR rounds into it. The truck driver is for whatever reason, a complete dipshit or something and stops going north, gets out and we lose sight of him. So now the truck is just in the middle of the field, inbetween the town and warehouse. My friend, wanting the truck too bad, simply sprints out into the field and hops in it. I figured I had busted a tire or something but no, the entire truck is 100% fueled, and in all green parts, thus, earning the first owners name to, for us, retarded person that repaired the truck. My friend takes no shots and drives directly west. I go behind the warehouse and pick up a wheel and Jerrycan and head along the post. Shortly after I meet my friend in our new bitchin' truck and eventually drive north, up to the airfield. Blah-blah-blah, hide the truck, go the NW airfield, etc, then due to a server update,restart, or it being stolen, we lose it. Had it for about a day and a few hours.

Now after the truck was stolen we see one of the most retarded, but funny, things ever. We head to the airfield again and as we pass a road going parallel of the airfield I suddenly hear an engine in the distance. We quickly go to a tree and whadya know, a (hacked in) vehicle, going top speed along the road. I pop up and shoot at it with my M14 although I somehow miss all my shots even though it went RIGHT past us. The car was a http://www.arma2.com/arma-2-vehicles/chernarussian-civilian-vehicles_en.html Offroad car.

We continue on our way to the airfield. Then on our way back from the barracks near the hangars and firestation, I hear yet another engine and its a goddamn bus. Just riding along the airfield. Right in the middle.

Without a care in the goddamn world.

Bewildered, we leave, fearing people would camp it. Which people did. About 3 hours later, we make another trip to the airfield. This time its night-time but luckily I found a pair of NVGs' in the barracks that we hit. Since its now night, I figure we should hit all the buildings including every hangar along the way. So we do the usual route of Baracks, Firestation, Control Tower, then each hangar one by one. On our third hangar, in the bottom left corner or corner closest to us heading in the direction from the firestation, (hearing our shots earlier he was pointed at the otherside of the hangar, waiting for us) was a person. I immediatley start lighting him up along with my friend with his M4A3 CCO. He shot, but somehow missed us. Anyways, he is now dead, with my friend who I accidentally shot in the leg bleeding and in need of morphine. Luckily the guy we killed had nice loot, including a GPS, mags for our guns, and a blood bag.

Then in the next hangar is a another guy in the same exact spot although when I saw him it looked like he was looting the pile right next to him. So now he is dead. But he didn't have anything we didn't have. Next hangars are empty so we head to the next barracks when my friend spots the bus. (Although I have no idea how due to it being almost pitch black for him)

We connect the dots of the guys in the hangars camping it so we head to the barracks and after a quick loot run through there we go back to the bus. Its in decent condition with wheels in yellow and engine in yellow. I hop in as driver and start going straight cross-country to get outa there. No shots are fired at us as we leave and we end up on a road. So I check the loot. It had pretty amazing stuff. 2 Ghillies, MK48 with mags, tons of medical supplies, 2 tents, anti-biotics, food, drinks, about 10 DMR mags for me, etc etc. My friend wanted to keep driving it and hide it but I figured it would take so long to get to any good hiding spot that I say it isn't worth it. So I opt to shoot it until it explodes. Wasted about 3 mags on it and only managed to flatten two tires. Now, me feeling stupid, but still with phat l00tz, log off a distance away. Although sadly we logged off a tiny bit too soon and our characters didn't save with the Ghillies. As of right now these are all my experiences with vehicles.

(As a final note the next day, or yesterday, we found a tent with 9 NVGs' and 3 Ghillies, so it was fine in the end.)

• Like 1

^^^ At once stage my clan held a bus tractor bicycles and that server went down and changed name never found it again,

Now on the server we host we had a ute motorbike 2 bicycles and a ural, camp got discovered we found people looting it, dealt with them but lost bicycles and motor bike in that proccess. Move camp ute and ural, came back next day it was all gone tents left empty. Was a good week of fun tho with them.

There's nothing like driving the ural into the airfield at night time popping 5000 flares and having a field day.

Edited by FrankTheDuck

LLLLLLLEEEEERRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

TTTTTRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAACCCCCTTOOOOOOORRRRRRRRR

Edited by Red_Sky

Me and buddies were riding in the Hatchback, we were trying to go pick up a friend and get medical supplies in Berez all the way from Vybor area. We get to Stary, and all hell breaks loose. We get ambushed by what we thought was 3 guys. The tires go first as the car stops right after, we all get out and hit the ground as fast as we can. 2 of my buddies already dead at this point. I hide behind the hatchback with my M16 M203. My other friend just jetted to the treeline, which is what I should have done as well, but lets continue this. I see this guy appear from the treeline slowly coming up to the car, thinking the other guy ran away and they also got me.

So happens that a zombie comes up right behind him and starts beating him, he then turns around starting to bleed as he takes out the zombie and another one that almost started to hit him. He starts to patch himself up, I sprung up from behind the car and blast him with about 5 rounds around the chest area and he goes down immediately. I quickly go back prone scanning the treeline where he came from for more survivors. My friend that ran towards the treeline slowly takes position where he can also watch my flanks. He sees one guy slowly coming up to my right and takes him out with a M14.

One of my other friends that didn't hitch a ride to go get supplies was on his way with a DMR and heading towards our area with a bike to make sure that if we all die, he we pick them off as they are looting our bodies or fixing the car. After the last kill my friend got, it went silent in the area, no gunfire or any movement for about a minute or two. I wanted to make it to the treeline with my friend, so I threw a smoke right next to me and tried to make it to the treeline after about 5 seconds. The gunfire started again as I got hit in the leg and I believe in the chest cause I had a broken leg and I went unconscious. After a few minutes of waiting, I regained consciousness and got shot again and died. My friend then ran off from the treeline to get away from the area.

My friend with the DMR then makes it to the area where we got ambushed at, and seen 2 of them, one in the car I guess checking the parts they needed and maybe gas. He quickly goes prone kinda in the wide open, and blasts away the guy looting the bodies and then the guy in the car. My treeline friend and the DMR friend meets up and gets the car working again and quickly brings it back to base.

Me, my 2 friends that died, and the friend that was already at berez met up at the hospital and raided the town a bit. We followed the powerlines out of the city, and went all the way back, at yours truly, Stary. Guess who gets ambushed this time, with a vehicle of their own. They had it right by the powerlines behind a bush. We quickly spread out among other bushes trying to get every angle at the Ural (with the top on it.) 5 guys come from the tents about 10 minutes later, 3 of them with the starter backpack, right before they got to the car, we opened fire ripping them apart. One of them tried ditching it straight to the tents again and I shot him in the legs making him crawl towards the tents. I told my friends to stop firing at the guy, as I saw zombies just about to swarm the place since my friend from Berez had a M14 and aggroed a bunch of them. They targeted on the lone guy as they started to beat on him to death. We immediately looted two bodies and got in their Ural and jetted out.

Okay maybe the guy getting beaten to death then the zombies ate him was a bit untrue, had to added a bit of flavor to it xD. He did get eaten though by 2 zombies after he died from one of my friends I guess.

Most of ours were found or repairs at spawn with little issues, except our ATV which we originally saw driving around the NE airfield with two lads on it. We popped a few shots at them and they take off, but later we come to the supermarket in the town below and see the ATV sitting in front of it. My two mates come from above and see a chap hiding in the supermarket while I go in from behind the building. They fire at him a bunch of times and we assume he dies or alt+f4'd (no body). We must have got his mate earlier because he was nowhere to be found. ATV was out of fuel as he left the engine on so I head back to camp on my moterbike to grab jerry cans and we take off merrily into the sunset.

Both our moterbikes were found, one at spawn and repaired the other sitting in a barn. Our UAZ was from spawn in Starry, and our boat we found on the coast north east of NE airfield.

Edited by Drakezilla

Have had and driven them all currently only have an atv i its all you really need, my favorite i the motorcycle tho its lack of gear slots is its downside.

I find a GAZ, and am kind of pumped. Until I see it has 0/4 wheels. D: I try for a couple of days amongst fighting players to find wheels, but have no luck. One day I go back to see if the car is even there anymore, and someone had put on 4 tires, driven it to the local gas station, and died to a zombie. So yes, my car runs on the blood of noobs.

• Like 1

Well up to this point, the group I play with has had many vehicles and a Heli. Up to this point, every single one has been trolled away from us by the game. They used to disappear at server restart and then appear again after the next restart. Since this last patch that is not the case anymore. Our vehicles disappear at restart and never come back now. It seems its almost pointless to waste the time it takes repairing the damn things.

I keep finding them parked 6km away and have to drive them somewhere random to see someone has found them again.

Fix the damn tree exploit!

I used to have 3 tractors, 2 offroad trucks, V3S, Ural, 2 buses, UAZ (car), GAZ, Hatchback, S1203 Van, 5 ATV's, 2 Dirtbikes, and 4 oldbikes... (Oh and a heli)

And yes.

Hoard much?

mine from yesterday.... saw a tractor in the middle of a field. thought it was sniper bait, then my clan confermed that it is where it spawns (the one between polana and the factory)

well, i camp it for a bit, seeing if someone trots up to it. no one does, but it is calling my name the whole time. so i run out there, jump in (funny seeing a wookie in a bright red tractor by the way) and drive off. not wanting to stay on the roads and get shot up, i do the only smart thing to do, and drive it through the forrest with a dark red engine block...

well one thing leads to another, and i play bumper cars with a tree. it goes boom with me in it, but i survive. i bandage myself up, and have 640 blood by the end of it all. right as i dive into cover waiting for my clan mates to come and blood me up again, we get hacked to "The ThunderDome." normaly, i would honestly probably stay and fight a bit, but im at 640 blood. i log out. but, my clan mate was hacked also, (everyone on the server was) and when we log back in, we are right next to eachother at the NW airfield, and i get healed. gotta say, most convienient hack i have ever encountered :P. i then shot him in the leg, threw a flare on him, and left. (last part joking... but i did realy want to...)

I've had tons of luck finding vehicles, but I usually just end up giving them away to people. Found a bus, went around picked up a group of four and gave them tons of food and stuff, and let them have it. Yesterday I brought a tractor back to my base, and I was sitting in corner looking up something on my second monitor when I hear the signature "vroom" of the tractor. I wasn't too worried, didn't want it anyway, so I watch him drive towards the front gates when bam he hits a pole and exploded and at the bottom of the chat I see "soandso has been killed" poor guy. Right now all I have is a dirtbike and bicycle, I tend to ride bicycles everywhere, stealthy.

Cars = Deathtraps.

They draw far too much attention, are a pain in the ass to fix and are prone to fatal accidents.

Especially the accidents, we've had loads, due to disconnecting, textures not loading and the good old lag.

We do enjoy murdering people in vehicles. In Nemansk we had a UAZ nearly run us over before we opened up with an M240 and M4 AIM. Vehicle exploded, knocking the driver out, at which point we executed him.

Pretty much: all of the Machine guns = anti-vehicle weapons.

Oh and he was carrying an AT-4 (we think he stored everything in the car), M16ACOG and...Mountain dew! The curse claims another victim.

We left everything on his corpse and fled for the hills, lest the curse claim us also.

One story minus the fluff comin' right up:

- find a truck

- drive north of novy

- see a bus driving toward us

- bus tried to ram us

- bus goes away for a while but comes back for revenge

- catches me and a bud while outside of the truck and rams the truck

- truck explodes, I'm pissed

- bus comes back for more and I winchester his ass

- there was only 1 person on it, the driver

- now have a new ride

Typical vehicle experience:

1. Find vehicle

2. Spend 2 hours collecting parts and repairing vehicle.

3. Drive 300m

4. Crash into a tree/road debris/house/bush/fence

5. Repeat