TheMachine

Why do regular/recruit servers exist?

Should regular servers exist?  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Should regular servers exist?

• Yes
    • No

These servers should not exist, they don't fit in with the hardcore nature of DayZ at all.

On recruit servers you can see zombies through walls etc, it's a built in wall hack.

Regular servers have nametags, wtf?

The ONLY options server owners should have are 3rd person and crosshair.

• Like 9

And even crosshair should be disabled on most servers :)

• Like 3

First, get back to CoD. Second, people have their opinions. Third, don't assume everyone likes first person, no crosshairs, no nametags.

• Like 3

I tend to agree (especially regarding nametags). All servers will be locked down to a single ruleset at some point in the future. For now, they are leaving the diffulty settings as is.

I have an honest question about the difficulties.... is the only thing different the white dots telling you where zombies are? I have been on reg servers with no name tags, no crosshairs, etc.

First, get back to CoD. Second, people have their opinions. Third, don't assume everyone likes first person, no crosshairs, no nametags.

Go back to CoD?

That makes no sense whatsoever in the context of this thread or anything I've said.

What people like shouldn't even enter into it, people don't like dying in DayZ either but they won't stop crying about that, will they?

This is about REALISM and being more difficult.

Now I know a lot of players want the game to hold their hand for them, but I don't think rocket intends the game to do that.

A good step towards that would be to remove the handholding regular/recruit servers and eject these crybabies into the real world of veretan play.

• Like 1

LOL, yeah, cuz CoD has no crosshairs and no nametags :) Really, playing on servers with map showing you position, nametags and crosshairs is like kinder-garden :)

• Like 1

Get back to CoD? Why should he? Nothing he said suggest that he want's this game to be like CoD or "arcady". It was quite the other way around. Stupid answer really.

Third person should never have been an option, but now it's much too late. Most of the community will be displeased without the ability to look over cover while not risking their asses.

I don't give a damn about crosshairs, They're a bit lame and doesn't fit the mod's focus on realism, but it doesn't bothers me that much.

NAMETAGS MUST GO! Absolute lamest thing on regular servers. Not only you can use it to find people and vehicles you otherwise wouldn't, but it also does the job of the rangefinder, one of the rarest items in the game (for good reason). The only legit use of nametags I can think of would be for friend identification (See signature), but it still shouldn't show the distance. Anyone who defends the use of nametags the way they are now completely misses the point of this game.

Edit: Maps shouldn't show your position, unless you have a GPS, an those should be a bit more common IMO. Still shouldn't work like a freaking radar showing the position of zeds, vehicles and other players. Waypoints should work as an arrow on the mini-map (maybe even showing the streets you should drive through if you are in a car).

Edited by Panque
  • Like 7

Veteran servers shouldn't exist. Only Regular

BLASPHEMY!!!

Heh, the shitstorm that erupts when they lock all servers down to a single ruleset is going to be epic. Pretty sure I can figure out which direction they are going to tilt things....

• Like 4

Get back to CoD? Why should he? Nothing he said suggest that he want's this game to be like CoD or "arcady". It was quite the other way around. Stupid answer really.

Third person should never have been an option, but now it's much too late. Most of the community will be displeased without the ability to look over cover while not risking their asses.

I don't give a damn about crosshairs, They're a bit lame and doesn't fit the mod's focus on realism, but it doesn't bothers me that much.

NAMETAGS MUST GO! Absolute lamest thing on regular servers. Not only you can use it to find people and vehicles you otherwise wouldn't, but it also does the job of the rangefinder, one of the rarest items in the game (for good reason). The only legit use of nametags I can think of would be for friend identification (See signature), but it still shouldn't show the distance. Anyone who defends the use of nametags the way they are now completely misses the point of this game.

People getting used to shit is the only reason there's so much whining, if 3rd person, respawning, crosshairs, or nametags weren't in from the beginning no one would be asking for it now either.

• Like 2

These servers should not exist, they don't fit in with the hardcore nature of DayZ at all.

On recruit servers you can see zombies through walls etc, it's a built in wall hack.

Regular servers have nametags, wtf?

The ONLY options server owners should have are 3rd person and crosshair.

3rd person and crosshair doesn't fit in whit hardcore either. Being able to see over walls and round corners in safety? Shooting from the hip?

• Like 1

god damn...just let ppl select the kind of style they want to play...if u dont like it..dont join them servers

• Like 6

I played on a recruit server the other day, it was essentially like having a zombie radar/wallhack. And why even have the rangefinder item when you can just use the action menu? I hope in the future they enforce veteran.

• Like 1

3rd person and crosshair doesn't fit in whit hardcore either. Being able to see over walls and round corners in safety? Shooting from the hip?

Too late to change that. DayZ will have to maintain the 3rd person perspective even when it goes standalone. People shouldn't be able to switch between 1st person only servers and the rest tho imo.

For people who say "You don't like them, don't join them", what keeps a player from getting top gear on easy servers and then coming to veteran/expert ones? Absolutely nothing. It affects all of us.

Edited by Panque
  • Like 3

If you don't like the options that Regular servers provide, then don't play on them.

After all, it's more targets for us Veteran players when all servers are aligned to a single ruleset upon DayZ's release. There's no need to complain about easier prey, is there?

• Like 3

Too late to change that. DayZ will have to maintain the 3rd person perspective even when it goes standalone. People shouldn't be able to switch between 1st person only servers and the rest tho imo.

For people who say "You don't like them, don't join them", what keeps a player from getting top gear on easy servers and then coming to veteran/expert ones? Absolutely nothing. It affects all of us.

It's not too late though, the devs would just have the weather the whining.

You don't have to play on the recruit, regular servers if you don't like them.

I guess you are upset with the people looting on the easier servers. Why not make it so loot found in a recruit/regular server will only be compatible on recruit/regular servers.

Not everyone wants to play on realism mode. Take a look at L4D. They offer a realism versus mode that no one ever plays. Why? The balance should come from somewhere else. Dayz has far bigger issues than 3rd person imho.

• Like 1

You don't have to play on the recruit, regular servers if you don't like them.

I guess you are upset with the people looting on the easier servers. Why not make it so loot found in a recruit/regular server will only be compatible on recruit/regular servers.

Not everyone wants to play on realism mode. Take a look at L4D. They offer a realism versus mode that no one ever plays. Why? The balance should come from somewhere else. Dayz has far bigger issues than 3rd person imho.

Firstly, this isn't about third person which I think should remain (vet servers have that).

Nor is it about left4dead.

It's about continuity in DayZ play options.

Simply saying, "If you don't like those servers don't play them" is such a cop out answer.

Those servers shouldn't exist AT ALL, so no one should be allowed to play them, especially seeing as server hoping is so easy.

Again, wants don't enter into it, DayZ should be as hard as the engine allows it to be.

• Like 1

What's REALLY broken and inappropriate in this game is third-person view.

You know, it's completely hypocritical to your point to assert that Regular difficulty shouldn't exist but third-person-view is fine. You say the game shouldn't be made easier on principle, but then you want the single most advantageous-for-the-player server setting to remain while complaining about lesser settings.

Edited by cogwheel

It's not too late though, the devs would just have the weather the whining.

I really think there will be way too much whining... I can see loads of folks dropping the game if they even try that before the standalone...

There is no reason for DayZ to have an easy mode. I can understand 1st person is a pain if you don't try to get used to it (most don't) and not all ironsights are great, but asking for nametags is just lame. Map pinpointing where you are take all the fun that is navigating through alternate methods (Reading road signs, finding north through the stars and by using a clock during daylight) and make items like the compass and the GPS downright useless. Stuff like this isn't good to anyone, and people just resist to let them go because they are used to this kind of shit, not because they are casual gamers.