Sign in to follow this  
reapo22

Enhancing PvP: Army Camps

To clarify, Military camps are areas, surrounded by zombies mostly, in the hopes of finding supplies, guns, ammo, and survival items.

Army Camps will be a PvP based item.

In order for this to work, a grouping system needs to be added. The way to do that is to give the option to players to join another player.

I am a leader of a small group and another wants to join me. All that player has to do is highlight me with his gun and scroll down to "Join Group." To see if it worked, the leader will just look at his notes to see who joined the group

Now thats outta the way, let me explain the idea. Throughout the game, both ARMA 2 and the mod DayZ there is A LOT of white space. Open ground of nothing going on. I recommend that predetermined camps be put in on these spaces of emptiness. It doesn't need to be big, but 4 walls and 4 gates put in at each wall. Maybe a crows nest in the middle so that the defenders of the camp have a chance to counter snipers and such.

The goal of these camps, are to capture them. They will have lockboxes and crates to store ammo, food, supplies and even vehicle or helicopter parts. I think this would help encourage people to work together.

From what I've seen, its been a lot of cut throat antics. The same thought goes through EVERYONES head. Why work with this guy? He is looking at his map right now, I could totally put one through his skull, take ALL his stuff and be set for the next several days.

Well no more. You get a small group of guys together and start gearing yourselves up because you WANT that camp! Why? Because you want to be able to do everything this game has to offer like building vehicles, building helicopters and stock piling food.

I think the real interesting thing about this idea however is the possible PvP options. Imagine this scenario....

You are the leader of a small band of 7 survivors, well-equiped with 3 Winchesters, 2 Enfields, a CZZ 550, and a M4. Your eyes are set on a camp, south of Guglovo. Scouting out the compound, there seems to be several walls with two towers at opposite corners and a bunker at the front gate. Your sniper reports theres about 50 zombies in and outside the camp. You order your team to spread out and pick their shots and focus on the enemies outside first while the enemies inside slowly stumble out the gate. The sniper takes the first shot, hitting one in the head. As it tumbles over, the horde runs towards your squad. A hail of bullets begin to fly as zombies start toppling over. The sniper reports the Zeds have hit the gate and are coming out. Your team focuses on those zombies and they widdle them down. Soon, the only thing standing is your victorious team. The team moves into the camp and quickly secures the perimeter and captures the area.

A list of priorities instantly start flooding your head. Ammo and better guns, food, vehicles, etc. But you can't send everyone. You don't want one lone survivor to come in and steal what you've already stored. So you split the team. You send 4 guys into Guglovo, while you and the two others guard the camp...

I can go on and on and on for endless hours of the unlimited amount of possibilities that could happen but use your own imagination. Is there anything that could happen while YOUR team is split up?

I hope you all enjoyed the story, but I'm sorry its way too long. But I really like this idea, and I wanna see its implemented!

I have allready suggested something simular. That means I like the idea, however, I feel we should be able to build these camps ourselves.

Well I think if we were able to build these camps it would "defeat" the purpose of the enhanced PvP. People would just try and hide their camps and never be seen again.

Pre-determined camps would be better, considering the fact that all the stuff you need to carry around, it would just be too much.

I also believe, that the same game would still be played. "Oh look, this guy has stuff to build camps, kill his ass!"

I like this, A easily defend-able area with a decent spawn of ammo, a well and no food guns. You can claim this area at a flag, if the area is claimed no zombies spawn, unclaimed and tons spawn. It becomes unclaimed if the player doesnt log on every 2 days or maybe re-initiates the claim every 2 days. Other groups, wanting the ammo would attempt to take it. Some groups could make it a safe haven that is still player driven, no one can spawn in the camp so you have to assault it or lay siege and starve the players out. The one problem being when your logged off someone can come take it. Maybe an EVE like system where you have to claim it twice in 24 hours, timer starts on first claim and must be followed between 12-24 hours after with a another.

Since Rocket thinks of this game as an anti-game, I regard it highly unlikely this feature is going to be added. It's fun to see how some people react to a game which uses completely other mechanics then other games, and how people suggest things to make it look more like a "regular" game.

I'm not trying to make it more "regular". I want it to be more realistic. Let me explain...

In any sort of "apocalypse" there will always be that one person who prepared for the worse. That one person gathered everything into a defendable shelter. That one person gathered a small team of people that he/she can trust. Therefore they survive. Idealy, if a lone scavenger strolls by and sees this "fortress", he is going to want in. There is food, there is water, there is supplies. But they don't let him in, because that stuff is for them! So, the scavenger leaves, the scavengers finds his scavenging buddies and tells him about this wonderful trove of treats and delights. Then, the battle ensues...

Hell, there are TV shows about people stock piling food, water, ammo, guns and turning their homes into CASTLES just so they can defend their stuff and their family! This idea isn't that far-fetched and I think it would add another lair to the mod and the gameplay!

Its just an idea, might be fun and its not something that any game other than eve... which is not a game, makes the DayZ learning curve look flat. Not trying to make it like bf3 or call of duty... just add more things to do for big groups. This is just a way for larger groups to have an incentive to maintain an area not every group would turn it into we own this and this gear get lost. Our group would likely create an aid station... Creating tons of large structures will cover the map in bullshit, also big groups don't want bases you can find or run into. Small very hard to see and find is what we want...

also this isnt tdm... so grab a friend and go on a killing spree... thats tdm...

I don't know how you get around the current system where if you log off in this camp you will spawn back into the camp.

Would be a mess for anyone trying to defend the camp (flag) as you would not only have to watch the outer walls, but also the inside.

Easy way for someone to take "their" camp back is to log off in the tower or tent, then pop your ass when they log back in.

Like others have said, its not supposed to be BF3 or some version of Stronghold

Currently the mod is already a deathmatch. Walk into Elecktro and find out for yourself. Nor is this "capture the flag." If this idea was CTF then you would score some sort of points to a endgame. The goal of an Army Camp, is to help players work together instead of just killing on sight. Because that is whats currently happening. How I ran right into a small group the other day and ran instantly away because I thought they would shoot me. I avoid other players in this game. I don't want to take the chance of losing what I have to some person who JUST spawned on a beach..