Sign in to follow this  
gibs is here

when you logout

Im very new to the game, and i was wondering how can you save the weapons you have?

or what happens when you logout?

ive been looking in the forums and dayzwiki; all i could find was that the contents of your backpack is saved when the server restarts. does that mean you cannot keep your guns when ur done playing?

anny help would be appreciated.

Guns are saved automatically. No need to save them. However, if you get a vehicle or a tent, you have to make sure to save it. You'll know because it'll give you the option too.

If you need any help, feel free to message me. I'm only a week old player, but I've learned a ton from my friends and I'm willing to do the same. Just send me a PM.

Whenever you log it saves the state of your character. You keep everything you have on you and in your pack as well as keep whatever conditions (broken legs, sickness, bleeding, etc.) on you as well meaning they'll still be there when you log back in, no matter the server.

To answer your question, yes, you keep your guns when you're done playing. However remember this is alpha and shit disappears for no reason sometimes.

logging out saves everything on your character without pushing a button, the only thing you need to manually save is tents/cars

Right now there is an epidemic of missing items all over the place. I can't store anything in a tent and hope for it to save. I've lost some really nice gear recently. I've also had some problems with my inventory. I just recently lost a revolver and a ton of ammo and bandages from my backpack. My friend just logged in today and have nothing but the starting equipment, when he was fully geared in mid-level items and a czeck backpack before logging the night before.

Hopefully a fix comes soon.. as it's almost pointless to play. I mean, we all know we are going to lose items through normal means as it is, but if we are going to lose it randomly as well, what is the point?