First, fix tent and item duplication issues.

Then wipe.

Otherwise we're just pissing into the wind.

Oh look, another guy (two, with Boomstick) that didn't read past the thread title. Taso, why would it bother you that I'm treating this like a conversation? I could do what most people do, ie: create the thread, flame the first two people that disagree, never look at the thread again. However, I will continue to reply to whomever I fucking please, you bizarre forum Nazi you. ;)

Edited by Sgt Abraham Ford

Still waiting on a reply about the current percentage of players with the formerly rare items compared to back in early June. Though this probably not reflect the thousands of duped items in tents littering the landscape, it'll still be interesting to see.

I am in support of fixing duping and then later on down the road do an wipe of EVERYTHING so everyone can start back from the beginning! Should be fun :D

Wow, this thread is just oozing with FEAR. Oh no, my virtual items! LOL.

A wipe would be great, but I has to go further than that. Rare needs to mean rare. Rare can't mean that 30 people playing for 3-4 hours can all have the same rare item. Rare needs to mean that a server can only have 2 of this item and 2 of that item. Yes, people can go from one server to another and you can end up with more that that default 2, but all that means is once that number has been reached or exceeded, you stop spawning the item.

A warlord is a warlord cause he has the biggest gun so to speak. He get's overthrown cause others want that gun. So let's give meaning to all the senseless backstabbing by only have a few big guns.

Wow, this thread is just oozing with FEAR. Oh no, my virtual items! LOL.

A wipe would be great, but I has to go further than that. Rare needs to mean rare. Rare can't mean that 30 people playing for 3-4 hours can all have the same rare item. Rare needs to mean that a server can only have 2 of this item and 2 of that item. Yes, people can go from one server to another and you can end up with more that that default 2, but all that means is once that number has been reached or exceeded, you stop spawning the item.

A warlord is a warlord cause he has the biggest gun so to speak. He get's overthrown cause others want that gun. So let's give meaning to all the senseless backstabbing by only have a few big guns.

That's a unique option, but then people complain because some dude had it and stopped playing! Thats one rare gun you'll never see again. Shouldn't limit guns and equipment but making them rarer seems like a good idea. Probably cut their spawn chance by 85% might do the trick :P

Two problems with this ....

A lot of us have genuine gear. Yes, we dump stuff in tents, and then we go out looking for more, which is dumped in tents and ad infinitum.

The major problem is when we decide to move camp, we can't take all the tents with us. Even if they are emptied and saved, the tents remain, and more often than not, the gear respawns in them.

Fixing tents so that they don't dupe, will eventually lead to everything returning to normal levels after time.

A wipe could be done, but would also punish legitimate players.

Supposing you are away or not online, or don't read patch notes or forums ... what happens when those players discover all their gear gone?

Finally, a suggestion.

Bind one tent to one player. That profile should be able to remove and replace the tent, even after death. As it stands now, you can place as many tents as you want, and once you die having pitched a tent .... it cannot be unpitched ... it remains there forever, and this is a major problem especially as these tents can respawn their contents after every server reset.

That's a unique option, but then people complain because some dude had it and stopped playing! Thats one rare gun you'll never see again. Shouldn't limit guns and equipment but making them rarer seems like a good idea. Probably cut their spawn chance by 85% might do the trick :P

You would never have items taken away from the game where they could never respawn. The idea is that the server would have a limit and once reached would stop spawning. So if 2 players are on a server and have found M107s for example, the server would stop spawning M107s. Then when 1 or both of those players leave the server, the server can then start spawning the M107 again.

You would still have whiners though, but that's just life.

Again, I don't think the problem solves itself without the wipe, I need to take some screen shots to put things into perspective. I discussed it earlier in the thread, but basically I don't see the items gradually disappearing since gear in this game is recycled. That guy whose tent is no longer manufacturing 20 ghillies and NVGs per restart will be killed by other players, who will most often loot his body and then again and again and again. Without the wipe the fraudulent items will be in circulation for much longer than necessary.

Unless our characters are supposed to be reincarnated it seems stupid that we would be able know where a tent was placed by a random person (our dead character). Just remove tents upon character death and fix duping. Problem solved and game shifted from Hoarders to Survivors.

Unless our characters are supposed to be reincarnated it seems stupid that we would be able know where a tent was placed by a random person (our dead character). Just remove tents upon character death and fix duping. Problem solved and game shifted from Hoarders to Survivors.

Like I said, then what happens to raiders who fight a defending party for their tents if they're only going to disappear =/

I see where you are getting at by these duplicators. But no. I play legitly with my friends. And we have found 8 tents. And all of our guns. Just because some people choose to ruin the game for them selves. Doesn't mean my experience should be ruined.

This is alpha, your shit is going to be gone sooner or later - getting rid of some stash tent is probably the best thing that can happen for letting you TRULY enjoy the game.