ANCD

Tents need to be removed...

Dean has hopes that each server will hold 100-200 players some day. With that said, hoarding in a tent will be a thing of the past. Nowhere will be safe.

Another option would be to add more loot spawns up around those areas where people are pitching tenets. More foot traffic = bad for tent city. Just my thoughts

Dean has hopes that each server will hold 100-200 players some day. With that said, hoarding in a tent will be a thing of the past. Nowhere will be safe.

Another option would be to add more loot spawns up around those areas where people are pitching tenets. More foot traffic = bad for tent city. Just my thoughts

You lazy bastard lol! Copy and pasting your own posts...

Are_You_Fucking_Kidding_Me_HD_by_CrusierPL.png

Are you just going to post this on every single thread like this for the next few days? If you are, you are gonna be busy as **** dude ;D

• Like 1

I think Tents are alright, it's just players placing them in stupidly obvious positions. When I run along the Northern edge of the map I can usually find 2-3 Tents on EVERY server. But the worst problem imho is Barbed Wire and Tank Traps, I'm furious about that shit, people use it ONLY to troll/annoy people and barricade High-Value targets like Barracks... wouldn't be too bad if removing them didn't require pixel-precise aiming with a toolbox.

There, at least, then needs to be a reduction. Why have really rare drop rates when after five minutes of searching you can walk away with NVGs, rangefinder, gillie suits, and all the rare guns?

I've played the game for nearly a month now, and the best loot i've ever found in tents is AKs/Ammo/random toolbelt stuff. I've ran around the edges of maps for hours, looking in places i've heard from other players/seen online. Sometimes i never find anything, i would much prefer to go to Stary/NW/Deer Stands than run around looking for something that may or may not even be there.

Atleast i know loot spawns there and i have a chance at getting some good loot.

Following OPs logic, every item/spawn location will eventually be too easy to find; so as a solution I propose we remove all loot spawns, vehicles and items from the game and run around screaming as zombies chase us...maybe add in some benny hill music.

wut?

you think running an hours straight t pobeda dam is easier than getting gear in a supermarket after 10 minutes? go ahead, but you'l be running more than doing anything else

Agree with OP, but for a different reason. The tents remove the "you die you lose your stuff" aspect of the game.

Dont forget crowbars and hatchets.

Not my Beloved Hatchet..! You will have to take it from my cold dead hands before you can take it away!

The best way to do this. is another Tent clean up like he has done before.

Agree with OP, but for a different reason. The tents remove the "you die you lose your stuff" aspect of the game.

I looked at this thread to write just that.

Tents do need some work. A friend of mine found a campsite and made his own little camp on the same spot on another server. He then proceeded to loot the EXACT same items out of those tents and emptied them into his campsite each day for 3 days before he got bored and stopped doing it. It's too easy to dupe items in tents - you could turn 1 50cal and 1 NVG into 5 or 10 without much effort.

Yes, I know it's alpha :)

Following OPs logic, every item/spawn location will eventually be too easy to find; so as a solution I propose we remove all loot spawns, vehicles and items from the game and run around screaming as zombies chase us...maybe add in some benny hill music.

Working on it

I don't mind tents. After dying I can get a bike or ask a clanmate for a ride, and raid a few tents in east coast. Fully geared again in under 1h.

Well I'm not sure about removing them but I do think you should lose all gear inside the tent when you die or something like that (rather easy to exploit though =/ ). Death barley is a punishment when you have all the top tired weapons stored in a camp that you just can go and pick up when you die.

Tents do need to be adressed. I don't like the option of being equipped with end game gear 30 minutes after I die. People are terrible at hiding tents full of this valuable gear.

It destroys the feeling of slowly gathering and improving your gear as you move north, scavanging towns as you pass them by.

Tents do need to be adressed. I don't like the option of being equipped with end game gear 30 minutes after I die. People are terrible at hiding tents full of this valuable gear.

It destroys the feeling of slowly gathering and improving your gear as you move north, scavanging towns as you pass them by.

So don't use the tents. I mean, its your own choice.

Nah tents makes sense. People would set up camps and as a stationary base, also run the risk of losing their hard earned gear. The player that treks north upon spawning runs the risk of A: finding nothing B: finding tents with fully geared overwatch waiting to happen. Those that get in and get out with great gear deserve it as much as the guy who raids deer stands for hours. Both made a choice as to what they thought was best for their survival.

Loot spawn rates of tents, mil weapons is definitely something to look into, but taking tents away entirely I don't agree with. If a survivor set up a camp hidden enough that they can get back to it on respawn, and also find it unlooted, deserve the leg up for their forward thinking.

I've tried looking for tent cities for easy gear. I have yet to find the eldorado of tent cities, but found plenty with medium level weapons and lots of medical supplies, and more than my fare share of ambushes. In short, the pros and cons are about on par with any other survival strategy IMO.

Cheers

People would set up camps and as a stationary base, also run the risk of losing their hard earned gear.

And when they die they wouldn't reincarnate on the beach with knowledge of where all of their old loot is and run back and get it....

I don't mind tents... If people want to re-gear in 30 mins that's fine by me. The fun in this game for me is the tension in having to re-gear from scratch. I mean... what's the point of getting to "end game" equipment when there isn't any real end game at the moment?!