Sign in to follow this  
adharma

Don't force servers and players to beta patch update - Stick to final release!

This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Daily updates are making this game harder than neccesary to even start the game. DayZ patches need to be coded to the official patch releases and not the beta patches and all servers need to stick to official releases (talking about 1.62 here).

This daily updating sucks. Stop it. PLEASE.

Rocket has said in interviews that this mod is literally one accident away from completely failing... but I think this continued crap is what will be its downfall. Forcing players and servers to update to an almost daily beta is absolutely unneccessary and as proven, often breaks the game.

This isn't just a small game with a few players anymore... there are nearly 900,000 people playing this game. Some uniformity needs to be set.

So, while I understand many of you will disregard my post as a whining entitlement, this is merely a suggestion to ease the flow of operating the game.

Edited by adharma

I am going to make this short and sweet. <3

1. DayZ Patches are being released every few weeks, from looking back to 1.7 (and we are going to disregard 1.7.1.0 - 1.7.1.3)

2. We are the testers for the final release. This is actually a good way to test the game with this many people. Almost all bugs can be found. The Mod can be put under performance test with the number of player slots and zombies. This stage of the game will make the final release that much greater.

Because you have so much experience developing games right? Its an alpha so go cry elsewhere.

It's an alpha.. if you don't want to participate in testing the game mechanics wait until the full release.

2. We are the testers for the final release. This is actually a good way to test the game with this many people. Almost all bugs can be found. The Mod can be put under performance test with the number of player slots and zombies. This stage of the game will make the final release that much greater.

This isn't just a small game with a few players anymore... there are nearly 900,000 people playing this game. Some uniformity needs to be set.

Love how you all are just completely disregarding what I said and coming along with typical dickriding bullshit. This is a suggestions forum. Don't like suggestions, don't have a god damn suggestions forum.

• Like 1

Do you know what an alpha is? The amount of players doesn't change the fact that it is an alpha. They aren't going to stop updating/fixing/testing the game because a few people are upset and were told this was a full release game.

Do you know what an alpha is? The amount of players doesn't change the fact that it is an alpha. They aren't going to stop updating/fixing/testing the game because a few people are upset and were told this was a full release game.

Still, tell me why this suggestion is a bad idea, despite the fact that it's an alpha? Running on official patches rather than Beta's is the logicla solution... yet the logical solution seems to be completely ignored for the illogical.

Its an Alpha, it needs to move foward , Its your choice we are testers. Stop calling it a game its a MOD, ( still in alpha stages ) they are looking to go Stand - alone .... And their team is doing a great job at updating and keeping so many people coming up on 900,000 players ( which they didnt expect it to be so popular)... This MOD will get patch by patch BUT not overnight if need be wait awhile come back to it, this is a great MOD he reads the threads and tries to fix the problem day by day.. There is only so much people can do

Its an Alpha, it needs to move foward , Its your choice we are testers. Stop calling it a game its a MOD, ( still in alpha stages ) they are looking to go Stand - alone .... And their team is doing a great job at updating and keeping so many people coming up on 900,000 players ( which they didnt expect it to be so popular)... This MOD will get patch by patch BUT not overnight if need be wait awhile come back to it, this is a great MOD he reads the threads and tries to fix the problem day by day.. There is only so much people can do

You seem to be missing the point of my post.

The beta patches (for the most part) are released to improve DayZ gameplay. And to test if they indeed have improved the targeted feature.

So hundreds of thousands of players spending 30+ minutes on "Loading" is improving the game? No. Update the DayZ code all he wants...-but code it to the latest OFFICIAL non-beta patch. THAT is the bullshit part.

Write your "It's alpha blablabla" sentence here.

This is probably the answer to everything, people can't even make suggestions anymore.

I'm surprised no one cursed you yet for calling DayZ a game - "IT'S NOT A GAME, IT'S A MOD".

Anyway, yes, the amount of beta releases is a little overwhelming, specially since Six Launcher needs 1-2 days to update it for me to the latest version, i'm always a little late.

Just dreaming about the end of the Alpha stage so we can get into DayZ beta, less updates and more testing! (At least i hope so)

• Like 1

They are slowly updating it, and updating Battleeye so when Arma 3 comes out it came be ported to Arma 3 ( From alot of what i have read up on ). And yea i missed a few of your post when i was typing but they are just little updates ... For the people who have problems with Day Z its most likely they didnt update either from Sixlauncher or from Battleeye.

Do you guys Read Changelogs?

Edited by SShady187

I somewhat agree, there seems to be no real planning involved in the updates, atleast over the last two weeks ...

I personally would suggest the Dev team to declare a Patch-Release-Day, and Monday would be a good day. It gives the dev team a whole weekend to prepair for it, then release it, if something turns out to be somewhat 'borked' they have a whole week to fix it. BUT, the patch will likely be as stable as intended over the following weekend, meaning that the large majority of gamers (you know all the average 35+ gamers that have other stuff to deal with during the week) can have a stable experience over the weekend ... and if a patch isn't good enough, then skip a monday and just wait till the next to come along ...

The reason why its bad to restrict the updates etc is because it will result in a longer developing time. This is an alpha (in other words a TEST), I really like that there is so many updates it clearly shows how dedicated and hard working the dev team is. I can't understand why you think forcing the latest patch is a bad idea considering its aimed at gathering data to stop exploits, or maybe you are one of the bastards that are cheating?

Edited by Grodenn