Siberian (DayZ)

have i just got the worst luk ever or am i doing it wrong ?

ive been at this awesome game for a few days now, but in all my time i have yet to find a single weapon.

my latest character survived in Electro for about 6 hrs scrounging eveything to be totaly self suficient for days, but alas i never found a single godam gun..

i had ammo for all kinds of guns/toolbox/bandages/food/water/map/compass/binoc's..

all kinds of stuff that i think is rare, but nothing as rare as a SINGLE GODAM GUN !!!

all i found for weapons were my trusty hachet (only weapon i have ever had to date i might add) and a knife of some sort.

are guns really that hard to find ???

bloody annoying to have collected so much stuff but having no way to defend myself from Zomb's. single Zombs i survived a few tiems but once i got 2-3 well that was it.

knocked down and chewed up for din dins..

ps DayZ Adventures chnl on Youtube is AWESOME !!!!...if you guys see this, keep it up.. :thumbsup: :beans:

I found a Mp5, two mags, and a AKM in the firehouse in Elektro. Found double barrels and enfields in barns and general buildings in cities. Winchester a couple of times and I have only had the game for about 2 weeks.

Handguns I have found are m19's and makarovs, haven't found any other kind though.

well i was once thinking that there weren't any guns like you but then my friend showed me the places where to go so i'm gonna list the places to go from not dangerous to most dangerous

-deer stands are really good places to find guns especially a g17 cause it almost always spawns g17 ammo and you can sneak past the few zombies that spawn there

-cherno or electro firestations are the next place its kind of risky but...it IS worth it i always, ALWAYS find guns there but watch out, 50 percent of the time a player is occupying the firestation

-and last but not least the 4 deer stands east of cherno (i think) in the medical camp south of the airfield 100 percent of the time i always find some sort of ak gun and tons of ammo for it but there are A LOT of zombies so it's really really risky

oh and barns are really good places to find a winchester, double barrel, or lee enfield...sometimes, and a cz sniper spawns there sometimes

thx guys, sad part is i have been searching some of the lower/medium risk places were weapons are supposed to drop, but so far not even a pistol..

GRRRR!!!!.. perhaps i'll become the best hatchet swinger in DayZ, hahaahah...

youre either looking in the wrong spots or very unlucky, go to an airfield or cherno, elektro sucks.

Never underestimate the good ole hatchet I have one squad m8 that seems to get killed by hatcheters all the time, hes forever giving away full sets of gear to fresh spawns, oh the lols at him in teamspeak. I hot hatcheted by a dude a few weeks back when I was trying to snipe somebody, if you hear gunshots and you have nothing much to lose, go kill yourself a sniper.

Remember when dealing with snipers, "Zig-Zag for maximum efficiency". Ahh just kidding, never tried doing it lol.

Usually, you can find various kinds of AK's in firehouses and an occasional mp5 from my experience. I usually find shotguns in barns while enfields and other lower tier weapons I find in regular buildings throughout the general cities.

I have yet to not find some type of gun in elektro or cherno.

When I first started playing it took me a couple of days to find a gun. I then went straight for Barns and Deer stands for a few days. I finally got to the point where I just started heading right into cherno and elektro.

As you get more comfortable with avoiding or losing the infected make sure you hit everything in elektro/cherno.

The key spots are supermarket, office building, church, pubs and those buildings with a hallway running down the middle with a big room on each side. Make sure you go upstairs in the pub. The apartments in cherno are usually decent places to find something.

There is always the fire stations, but you need to be careful of snipers when heading into them.

well yet another play session, guess what..

still no guns found..

starting to think all these Youtube videos are faked.. there ARE NO guns in Dayz are there ???

GRRRR!!!

on a side note im getting decent with the Hatchet since its all i EVER fricken find..hahaha. woe is me !!

R U KIDDING ME !!!

spawned in cherno, had 2 zombies aggro me the second i spawned didnt even get to move, tried to lay down but they still found me..

beginning to think this game isnt for me..

sorry but its simply to hard. games should be fun...

im not saying this game needs a redesign but theres needs to be a way to slip noobs into teh game, like perhaps spawn areas are less zomb invested or something..

ill give it a few more days but if this spawn/die /spawn/die without ever having a chance to acquire anyting continues i suspect it'll be the "uninstall" button for me.

ok come on..

has the latest patch made Zombs WAYYYY to sensitive to player location ??

i curently cant even be within eye sight of a zomb even prone or they come running right for me..

just spawned outside of cherno (thought i might finaly get to see a gun) sure enuf first zombs along the beach in the distance, i switch to prone, but nope both em of come running at me from across teh dam zone..

i seriously dont understand how anyone is able to play this mod atm.. for me its pure agrevation and zero fun.. its like the second i see a zombie in game im basicly dead, cuz its mere moments before its on me, or i run, if i run then im just postponing the death.. how is either scenario fun ??

ok think im gunna have to uninstall this..

just ran for 20 mins along beach to get to cherno AGAIN (only area i hear has a gun for sure) second i arrive near the dock zombs come running down the ramp and attack me..

im fricken crouched and moving slow, how are you supposed to even move in this game if every zomb in the map hears/sees you ???

even fully prone and not moving im visible FFS..

sorry DEVs but this game is curently NOT fun for newbs.. its just way way to unforgiving early on.. i can see having a need for a difficulty ramp later on but along the coast for newb areas this mentalitiy is gunna drive away player in droves.

im not one to fold up my tent and give up, but so far ive had basicly all agrevation and no fun..

ok think im gunna have to uninstall this..

just ran for 20 mins along beach to get to cherno AGAIN (only area i hear has a gun for sure) second i arrive near the dock zombs come running down the ramp and attack me..

im fricken crouched and moving slow, how are you supposed to even move in this game if every zomb in the map hears/sees you ???

even fully prone and not moving im visible FFS..

sorry DEVs but this game is curently NOT fun for newbs.. its just way way to unforgiving early on.. i can see having a need for a difficulty ramp later on but along the coast for newb areas this mentalitiy is gunna drive away player in droves.

im not one to fold up my tent and give up, but so far ive had basicly all agrevation and no fun..

I'm with you. It's way too hard to get a gun. The guns are in buildings... the buildings are guarded by 3+ zombies... you aggro zombies trying to get into the building... you train the zombies to another building... you get killed while trying to loot whatever you find in that building because you have 6+ zombies swinging at you.

Edited by Rael

I think some things are just luck.... For some reason my last 4 or 5 spawns I have found an AK within 30 minutes(binoculars as well). My luck doesn't extended to food, water, or matches though

your best bet is trying barns/firestations/churches/houses you can enter/deerstands/ military tents/airstrip tower and hangars/castles . if there is no weapons just keep checking back in those same spots they will respawned . chances are you just keep missing them due to them being picked up.

makarov /double barrel /enfield are the most common

m1911 / wincehster / cz sniper /magnum revolver

m9/glock/ 8 round shotgun/ akm/ak74/m4a1

m9silenced/dmr uzi/mp5/mp5sd/ak74ukobra/m4a1sd/m4a1cammo

can all be found on the coast without having to go north

LOL ok GL with this mod guys im out..

simply not fun to be had here..

shame to cuz the idea for this game is amazing..

ps finaly made it into church in Cherno (were for sure theers supposed to be weapons). fukn place was EMPTY.. tried logging onto 3 different servers same thing each time..

sorry but this is just not worth the effort..

ohwell..

ps finaly made it into church in Cherno (were for sure theers supposed to be weapons). fukn place was EMPTY.. tried logging onto 3 different servers same thing each time..

ohwell..

Clearly the game was never meant for you if you are already out. Sometime there will never be loot because other players got their first, logging onto other servers while you are in the church will also not give loot as you logged in inside, unless there was other players there to spawn the loot there will not be any.

Have fun with whatever other game you go onto playing.

I'm with you. It's way too hard to get a gun. The guns are in buildings... the buildings are guarded by 3+ zombies... you aggro zombies trying to get into the building... you train the zombies to another building... you get killed while trying to loot whatever you find in that building because you have 6+ zombies swinging at you.

Zombies are not difficult to avoid, all you need to do is break line of sight, run through a building that has 2 entrances, never stop moving when a zombie is attacking you, and looting with zombies on you is such a stupid move unless you are just looting everything as fast as possible.

ohwell..

You're doing it wrong. Seriously. Run along the southermost street in Cherno and just go into all the big buildings, making your way west towards the supermarket. From there go around up to the hospital. Check the apartment buildings, including the rooftops.

I thought that when I first got the game too. Couldn't find guns for the life of me and thought something was wrong with my install. Today I started and within maybe 15-20 minutes I have found an AK47, mp5, Makarov, revolver, 1911, hatchet, Lee enfield, double barreled, and a crossbow. You don't even need to be in a huge city, Winchesters are everywhere and they are really good for zombie hunting

I don't see the point of shooting zombies IMO. My two friends who are new to the game wen't into electko to loot while I covered them with a sniper.

First attempt to get into town they decided to shoot two zombies even though I said don't do it all you will do is agro more. They ended up doing it and agroing 10 more zombies and had to run.

Second attempt they decided not to shoot anything. They were sneaking into town agro'd one so I said don't run I will snipe it. I fired my shot and killed it from about 700M out. Two seconds later they got up and ran and agro'd 10 more zombies. At this point I said screw it and went into town my self to get food/water.

To the point some people just go about things the wrong way in this game.

Edited by Bobicon

ok FINALY managed to get a gun (Lee Enfield), crappy to you all im sure, but its a godam treasure of untold wealth/power to me..

sooo many deaths/restarts and i finaly got one...

anyways after acquiring the rifle, my game and fun meter turned right around.. having a way to defend yourself and just having a way to push the envelope with a weapon changes the mindset of this game expereince vastly..

i strongly strongly suggest teh devs rethink starting with no guns...least make it a server flag for (newb/recruit) servers anyways

sure the hardcore guys wont like it, but you have to put yourself in the shoes of a fresh player.. if new players dont enjoy the game pretty soon the servers will empty out and even the hardcore guys wont have anyone else to play with..

with new players that enjoy themselves, eventualy they stick around to become the hardcore targets you PVP guys hunt for..

anyways ive got a rifle and im desp. trying to survive (i wont shot other players, instead i'll hide out and just explore)

if you see me in game, dont worry i wont shoot you..

ok FINALY managed to get a gun (Lee Enfield), crappy to you all im sure, but its a godam treasure of untold wealth/power to me..

sooo many deaths/restarts and i finaly got one...

anyways after acquiring the rifle, my game and fun meter turned right around.. having a way to defend yourself and just having a way to push the envelope with a weapon changes the mindset of this game expereince vastly..

i strongly strongly suggest teh devs rethink starting with no guns...least make it a server flag for (newb/recruit) servers anyways

sure the hardcore guys wont like it, but you have to put yourself in the shoes of a fresh player.. if new players dont enjoy the game pretty soon the servers will empty out and even the hardcore guys wont have anyone else to play with..

with new players that enjoy themselves, eventualy they stick around to become the hardcore targets you PVP guys hunt for..

anyways ive got a rifle and im desp. trying to survive (i wont shot other players, instead i'll hide out and just explore)

if you see me in game, dont worry i wont shoot you..

That won't last long First rule of dayz never get attached to your gear, have fun with that gun while it lasts.

Also, that I won't shoot you thing won't last long either Shoot when you have a clear shot or you'll regret it.

Edited by DrDounut