quint (DayZ)

Fix for the 1.7.2.4 artifacting.

I tried to change the scenecomplexity variable, and now my game is always washed out, no color, all black and white, even though my blood is 11k. i tried setting the variable back to its original value (30,000). restarting the game multiple times, and also setting the video settings back to default, and still i can't see color.

edit: actually, it seems like i'm stuck at 3:50 AM all the time, even though my friends on the same server see like 6:20 AM.

EDIT 2: i reinstalled everything, and it is ok now. i realized i changed the variable in the wrong player profile (i have 2 character profiles). i changed the variable in the right one this time, and it didn't do anything crazy to my game. not sure if it fixed my glitching though

Edited by JuicEy

Its odd because I havnt had an artifact from any dead soldiers, although they randomly flash between dimensions or something, but the tower at green mountain would give these artifacts if you hold right click to zoom a bit but not from just looking at it.

I played for 4-5 hours yesterday and that was the only time I saw anything artifact.

Memory : default, AA is on, vsync off, no fov adjustments.

Maybe I was just lucky and today it will get to me, I will see.

Is it just me or does it change back to 300000 after sometime?

@IAnon - Yes, it created a new file for my profile and in it the SceneComplexity was 300000.

Edited by ZombieMaster

Got same issue. The fix worked for about 30 minutes and then it became unplayable again.

I get the bug near all airfields, military camps (Stary sobor), crash sites and larger cities.

Edited by Kraegan

Got same issue. The fix worked for about 30 minutes and then it became unplayable again.

I get the bug near all airfields, military camps (Stary sobor), crash sites and larger cities.

I did try to tell you. Or maybe that was another thread lol

Anyways, stop stressing guys, it will be fixed later today if the 1.7.2.5 rollout is on schedule (though admittedly I have my doubts about that!)

Edited by Irenicus

My god, just change some of the video settings and if this isnt working you are simply unlucky. The Dev Team know about this issue and have already got a fix for it. So just wait for the update and dont go to big citys or airfileds.

Is it just me or does it change back to 300000 after sometime?

Yes it does, if toggling vsync on/off doesn't work it had been reset to 300000 and needs to be changed agian.

Yes it does, if toggling vsync on/off doesn't work it had been reset to 300000 and needs to be changed agian.

I think changing any options within game resets it. Sucks eh.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! This worked perfectly! this is a horrible glitch cuz for me it would happen near anything military, which means no airfields, no stary, no berezino. I have literally been looking for only crashed helicopters for the past few days, and I haven't had any luck. you are my hero.

o snap. never knew those were called artifacts...interesting. Could this possibly be a server side issue or only client? because me and a group of 3 others all experienced this again today at the same time...and it lead me to conclude that it may be a server side issue

Fairly certain this is a client side issue. Seen those artifacts in both Arma 1 and 2, even in single player.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! This worked perfectly! this is a horrible glitch cuz for me it would happen near anything military, which means no airfields, no stary, no berezino. I have literally been looking for only crashed helicopters for the past few days, and I haven't had any luck. you are my hero.

glad it worked for you man.

my scenecomplexity was on 500000 and now i cahnged it to 100000 and still not working and im stuck on balota airstrip! xD Recon this well get sorted soon within a week or so?

Another fast temp fix for me is to alt+tab out of the game and straight back into..

It helps until you try to zoom in again with right mouse button.

More persistent fix is also to alt+tab out of the game while zoomed in on scope of the gun watching towards glitch and alt+tab back in..

Its not perma fix, bit it helps you loot stary tents, at least is holds for so long that i can loot..

Will test tomorrow night. Edited my file now but it's bedtime.

lol.

God damn artifacts got me killed in NWAF Southern Barracks tonight but I respawned in Elecktro and actually didn't get sniped for once. Made off with very good gear and met up with my friends again. XD

If it hasn't already been mentioned, try changing your memory setting under video options to default or lower.