Sign in to follow this  
T3S9Mech11e4tm3

Friends with two different server lists

I managed to convince my friend to buy this game to play the mod and now that he has it we try to connect to the same servers but the listing that I get he's not able to show up, so... for instance I will try and connect to US116 and I tell him the server name, but he's not able to find it. Does this happen to anyone else? Are we each connected to a different server list?

• Like 1

Are you both selecting it via the filter option?

You could also try doing this adding the server ip/host to the end of your .exe file shorcut -connect=SERVERIPHERE:PORT

Are you both selecting it via the filter option?

No. We used Six Launcher and its server fetcher. We were able to match "one" server together, but it was a night time server. So, it makes it even harder for us to play together.

post-65808-0-50557700-1343454581_thumb.gso on the six launcher, when you type the name out on the top search bar. you dont get the same server? like US servers you type in "US" then if it's US116 it doesnt show up for both of you? Edited by Rokochan

like US servers you type in "US" then if it's US116 it doesnt show up for both of you?

No. I pick a server from my list and tell him through VoIP and it doesn't show up on his list. Then I ask him to find a server and he does the same and I'm not able to find the server that's on his list.

Edited by T3S9Mech11e4tm3

I had same problem tonight too while trying to play with my gf and a friend.

I googled and apparently its some problem with Gamespy (?) i'm not 100% sure...

My solution:

1 - You or one of your friends join the server everyone likes

2 - Join a random server.

3 - When on lobby, disconnect to main menu

4 - Open Multiplayer browser

5 - Go to filter and the server that didn't show up for some of you will now show for everyone

The best advice I can give is make sure both of your filter options are the same.. I know sometimes I can't see servers my friends do because I have something as silly as "hide full servers."

Yep, me and a friend are having the same problem, we gave up.

I had same problem tonight too while trying to play with my gf and a friend.

I googled and apparently its some problem with Gamespy (?) i'm not 100% sure...

My solution:

1 - You or one of your friends join the server everyone likes

2 - Join a random server.

3 - When on lobby, disconnect to main menu

4 - Open Multiplayer browser

5 - Go to filter and the server that didn't show up for some of you will now show for everyone

I'll try that. Seems easy enough. Really wish that they would show the IP's publicly so you could connect through a console like the old CS days.

i was unable to play with a friend yesterday because of this - some ppl are blaming gamespy and that makes the most sense. for some reason the game server browsers (ingame, six launcher AND dayzcommander) are only being populated by 500 servers and then seem to hit a cap. as there are close to 4000 total servers, if you can only receive 500 of them, then you're only going to see the same server as your friend 12% of the time.

Workaround is to use this link http://arma2.swec.se/server/list and get IP and Port number......Then use Remote connection button to connect direct

i've looked at dayzcommander this morning and it's still only getting 500 servers, so i believe this is the only fix until gamespy solve the issue. you'll need to find the ip and port of the server and then get your friend to connect manually.

i think the 'favourite' tab in dayzcommander etc might still work, because i'm guessing it holds onto the ip of the server. in which case it won't be lost in the "only populate list with 500 servers then stop" malarkey.

Edited by tarquinbb

Ive been wondering why I can only see 500 servers in my list. Its all making sense now.

I have the same problem, it has nothing to do with the filters we all chose no filter and search for the server the other player(s) are in and cannot locate them at time. I think the only solution right now is the one above using a direct IP connection. I know dayz commander shows the ip i don't know about the others.