macscottie

DayZ Gameplay Tutorial - Beginner Guide with Tips - Stealth, Nighttime, Daytime

Hey,

very good guide, helped me find out a few more thinks I didn't know!

I started playing today and already died a few times and was pretty far one time, with the same weapon. It took my like 2-3 shots to kill a zombie, also it's hard for me to aim at the zombies, because they are like lagging left and right. Also they aren't "onehit" kills for me with the hatchet.

I also found, that sometimes they are still runing in buildings and don't slow down!

And when I'm near buildings, I def. see more zombies than at your video :)

Note: I'm playing on servers with ~20-30 ping

Edited by magges

I started playing today and already died a few times and was pretty far one time, with the same weapon. It took my like 2-3 shots to kill a zombie, also it's hard for me to aim at the zombies, because they are like lagging left and right. Also they aren't "onehit" kills for me with the hatchet.

I also found, that sometimes they are still runing in buildings and don't slow down!

And when I'm near buildings, I def. see more zombies than at your video :)

Some of that might be caused by patch 1.7.2.4, the video was taken with 1.7.2.3, you can tell that from the fact that he mentions that zombies are deaf due to a bug, but that bug was fixed in 1.7.2.4. But I'm not sure what of the stuff you describe is just random stuff, or stuff you have to practice (like using the hatched, I heard you need to learn to use it perfectly), or really stuff which was changed with the patch.

Jester, I watched every moment and not only was it very helpful, it was like a good tv show. I loved it! Will you be making more? I can't wait to watch them if you do. Sad but realistic ending. Thanks again for taking the time.

Thanks for all the support guys. :)

Oh, and please stop throwing your beans at my genitals :(

I think that what I'm going to do is make an "update" video every time things change, instead of just re-making the whole tutorial every few months. Maybe once there is a serious overhaul/update I'll make another full tutorial.

Oh yeah, everything lined up so perfectly for me making this tutorial. From the order in which I found weapons: axe then a Lee Enfield, to finding a decent pack, to the encounters I had(the PvP at the tents), down to getting shot at the end. It was all taken in one single play session and I don't think it could have gone much better... other than the dying at the end, but hey, that's DayZ.

• Like 2

I think that what I'm going to do is make an "update" video every time things change, instead of just re-making the whole tutorial every few months. Maybe once there is a serious overhaul/update I'll make another full tutorial.

Oh yeah, everything lined up so perfectly for me making this tutorial. From the order in which I found weapons: axe then a Lee Enfield, to finding a decent pack, to the encounters I had(the PvP at the tents), down to getting shot at the end. It was all taken in one single play session and I don't think it could have gone much better... other than the dying at the end, but hey, that's DayZ.

i'll subscribe to your channel

no! shut up and take my beans! *throws beans... crotchshot!* Edited by El Barto 227
  • Like 1

OP.. Great job!

I'm a long time ARMA (Operation Flashpoint) player, DayZ newbie and first time poster... so hey guys...

My first login on a DayZ server didn't last very long... not because I didn't like it (it's freakin awesome thankyou for this game!), but because I was ignorant and died rapidly.

Needless to say I needed some edumacating...

My next login i found an AK Kobra within 5 minutes and had set myself up in a nice cosy corner of the docks :)

Again... Great tips thanks!

Can vouch for Zds hearing, I'm a noob, 3 days old (playing), died too many times. Aggroed Zds with 1 bar on hearing icon at least over 30m away.

Was running crouched on grass, will walk in future lol