Date/Time:8:00 pn - present EST TIME

What happened: When looting Stary Sabor and all the other airports, there are some graphical issues that are really annoying. They seem to be coming from the military tents and it's pretty much unplayable when looting these sites. They appear from over 500 meters in game and blocks your whole screen with textures going everywhere.

Where you were: Stary Sabor, Balota Airfield, North West Airfield.

What you were doing: Looting Military tents/areas

*Current installed version: 1.7.2.4

*Server(s) you were on: Many servers, practically all of them i joined had this glitch. One I remember is US 1223

*Your system specs: GTX 560 ti, i5 2500k, 8gb ram

*Timeline of events before/after error: I was playing in the morning before the new patch came out and it was perfectly normal texture wise, but around 7pm i updated to 1.7.2.4 and started getting texture issues.

• Like 35

Same thing has been happening to me and two friends since the update. I believe these are called artifacts (The glitchy triangle textures)

• Like 1

Same. Nearly same system specs, although I've got a GTX570. I was in Cherno at the medical tents, and I could not see a damn thing. Mostly on US1096 at the time. Have only rarely had artifacts like this before (like once in a good two hundred hours or so).

Edit: I think it might be more related to the Arma2 beta patches that have come out over the last day or two. When I experienced the above, I was on 95389. I updated to 95417 and rolled back my DayZ to 1.7.2.3 and experienced the artifacts again around the factory area at Cherno.

Edited by Biggus
  • Like 2

Oh I saw this too :o

I logged out to see if it would fix it and lost my gun from another bug

>:( Damn alpha haha

Barbed wire.

It's either not barbed wire at all, or barbed wire isn't the only cause. Me and two of my friends have noticed it comes from the static dead soldier bodies, as have many others on the forum.

• Like 5

Many Issues in Cherno, i can't see the inner city, and that Since the new Patch, 2 bugs gone 5 new bugs made

I'm so pissed

Edited by LdW-Flash1286
  • Like 1

Deffs barbed wire , been happening ever since 1.7.1.5 for me :/ pisses me off to no end,

you wanna screw over snipers in Electro use the only weapon available BARBED wire , they wont see shit through that stuff , not even thermal penetrates them graphical glitches

Solution: Get a car and run that tough ass barbed wire over

I"m having same issue, but since 1.7.2 i think.

So far, i found a way to fix that (98% of the time).

I change the graphic memory part in the options. I set to to low, then high again, so the screen goes black for a sec (texture quality also change to low so i put it back to high) It will solve the problem 4 times out of 5. If it doesn't and is too unplayable, i restart the game.

Yesterday, that manip didn't work so i tried to set the AA to off, that didn't solve the bug but it was playable again (not covering 90% of my screen in Stary Sobor military tents.

"weird" fact, this tips works for one friends of mine, but doesn't for twoo other friends... Have no idea why..

Edit: I think i already had this bug with no barbed wire around... or i didn't see them

Edited by filoumz

I've got the same texture issue. In the previous patch, these errors occurred in tents, barbed wires, and some buildings in larger cities. Now wherever I turn I have these errors as in the above pictures. I tried to disable all background applications and nothing. Graphic card is not overheating, memory and video usage at 30-50% and when this texture issue appears I got less that 20 fps, when usually I got 60... From patch 1.7.2 the game is more and more unplayable. Few days ago I died coz this shit textures, it obscured my view and I could not track down another player, then he killed me. I'm pissed off.

Edited by Sasek

Confirmed its the dead mil zombies that spawn near broken Humvee's

• Like 2

seems to be everyone getting them when you get within 300 meters, have four others in my group with same problem. one wasn't getting them then after a while started to.

Hellow, got the same while looking at the Radio Tower on Green Moutain

its military zombies yea. so any area with military, cherno, stary, balota, airfields, green mountain, etc=unplayable.

• Like 2

Devs: get it fixed quick please.The game is unplayable atm.

• Like 2