leucas1

2 issues I need fixed

Hello DayZ Community :D,

I've recently joined the community (I think I started playing since 25th July 2012 :P) and am enjoying this mod very much. I just have 2 issues I was hoping I'd get help with. I've tried looking up these issues on google but have not been satisfied.

Background: I am looking forward to host a server for DayZ. I'm mainly making this server for future videos I'm planning on making for my youtube channel. But before I go into submitting a ticket for a server, I would like some problems I am having with DayZ troubleshot. I've attached a screenshot of the frozen screen for better understanding (although i'm guessing people have already spoken of this issue). I have Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA on Steam (not pirated).

Issues:

My very first issue is that I freeze on the loading screen when I launch the server and try to join it. The only server that launches successfully is 1.7.0.0 (I'm guessing that's the right version since the back up file i got says 1.7.0) without using softwares like Navicat. Nothing works after I update DayZ to the latest version. I've already googled/youtubed hoping to find a proper solution. Hasn't helped me so far. So I was hoping if there is any way I could launch the updated server successfully. Note: Knowing Steam automatically updates Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA, I decided I'd manually update the games through their website (since I get the message saying that 1.62 is available on the website). The website won't load for me (attached picture). MAYBE the website's down or something, not sure. Edit: Managed to get my hands on the patch. Guess the website's up again.

My second issue is when I was running the older version of the server (1.7.0.0), people who join the server complain about hackers/cheaters. I myself have witnessed players using hacks to spawn vehicles/weapons/ammos/etc. I was under the impression that BattlEye prevented this. I did re-install BattlEye by clicking Arma 2 OA and selecting the re-install option on Steam, did not help. I also re-installed BattlEye manually by downloading the files from the BattlEye website, still no help. Was hoping to get solutions on this issue as well so once I launch my server for youtube videos, people don't use hacks and stuff to ruin the server.

I appreciate all the help that will be provided... :)

post-72521-0-14773500-1343440214_thumb.j

post-72521-0-50190800-1343440663_thumb.j

Edited by leucas1

I am facing the same problem. I was concerned that it has to do with my horrible internet connection. I am currently overseas and using a slow satelite connection, My ping has been around 600. Horrible I know but I just wanted to see how the game was since I'm stuck at my location. The first server I connected to BattleEye booted me for having too high of a ping. I decided to try non-battleEye servers and when ever I connect I get the loading screen that never goes anywhere. I waited for 1 hour and nothing. I have to close the game with task manager.

I too would love any help on the issue. Thanks.