Sign in to follow this  
SteamTrout

Change how zombies are spawned

Right now zombies in the town just keep on spawning when you're there. There's also still a bug when there will be infinite hordes spawning when you're fighting them. It poses a potential problem of never being able to get rid of the zombies or provide yourself with a breathing room big enough to loot and GTFO.

Suggestion would be to pre-populate the town with the zombies as soon as the player enters the grid. The next respawn wave should occur no sooner than 15-30mins before that allowing you plenty of time to clear the town if needed/wanted/forced to.

Zombie amount should be kept as high as now of course. Lot's of zombies = more adrenaline and "oh shit!" moments.

tl;dr Infinite zombie waves suck. Zombie spawning on top of you when you are crawling around the town sucks. Give me an ability to clear the town.

In my opinion a zombie should never spawn within a considerable radius of any player. Just seeing them pop into existence sucks visually, its unrealistic, and its just unfair when you are in a situation that you consider to be safe.

Why not once a city/town has been cleared zombies can spawn in the surrounding wilderness/woods (out of view and range of players) and then wonder back into the settlements to repopulate. After all the map is large enough, and the players few enough to allow for this.

Having a 15-30 meter no-spawn zone around the player would also help, yeah.

I would say a 100-200m no spawn zone is more like it.

I thought the spawns were fixed in the 1.5.8 patch, personally I haven't experienced the respawn since but yeah if its still there it should be fixed. Or make them aggro 30sec later after they spawn.

I thought the spawns were fixed in the 1.5.8 patch' date=' personally I haven't experienced the respawn since but yeah if its still there it should be fixed. Or make them aggro 30sec later after they spawn.

[/quote']

I have not experienced it myself (mostly due to the fact that I avoid zombies for as long as possible) however I've heard reports that the bug is still there.

I agree with OP. The respawn rates recently are way over the top. It's immersion-breaking and it's NOT realistic. There's little incentive to even try to clear a town now. It's a waste of limited ammo. I also agree with a 200m 'no spawn' radius around the players. Outside that, sure, spawn like crazy if you want.

I also agree that once a zombie is killed, 15-30 minutes is a good period to give the players some breathing room before respawn. A solution to make this not make the game too easy might be that waves of zombies can sometimes spawn outside an area and 'invade' to reoccupy a town.