Sign in to follow this  
kibblez

Paying someone to fix my DayZ

Also try verifying your ARMA and OA files in steam to make sure there isn't a corrupt one in there.

AH!!!! I did get something that said error "1 failed to validate and will be reaquireed"

Edited by kibblez

when your game goes not responding, which part is not responding? Battleye not responding or the game freezing and you have to use task manager to close it

The game itself not battleeye

Shit doesn't work Im going to fucking sleep fuck this shit

Are you using the default graphic drivers that came with the laptop? If you are, that is the first thing you should update, errors or not. On some laptops you need a modified .inf file to install the drivers correctly (this is only necessary with Nvidia cards). If this is the case, let me know so I can help out with installing the new drivers.

Edited by Teach

Are you using the default graphic drivers that came with the laptop? If you are, that is the first thing you should update, errors or not. On some laptops you need a modified .inf file to install the drivers correctly (this is only necessary with Nvidia cards). If this is the case, let me know so I can help out with installing the new drivers.

I'll try that thanks, also my game freezes so that I CANNOT click the "Ok" button on the multiplayer loading screen

bump....someone fucking help

BUMP FOR LOVE OF FUCKING THE HOLY GOATLORD A SOLUTION TO THIS MADNESS!

• Like 1

Add me on Steam, when I get home from work I'll do what I can to help you. I will likely set up a Mikogo session to assist with making sure you have everything installed correctly.

In the mean-time, try the following.

1. Start ArmA II (Not Operation Arrowhead, or "Combined Ops") through Steam, check your files via Steam for missing/corrupted ones.

2. Start Arma II Operation Arrowhead through Steam, do this without any "mods" or beta patches installed. If your not sure, go to your C:\Users\User Name\Documents folder and delete/rename the ArmA 2 folder. This is the folder that contains any settings or changes you have made through the games Options menu.

If you are able to launch BOTH ArmA II and ArmA II Operation Arrowhead (OA) SEPERATELY through Steam, without using any "mods" or beta patches, THEN proceed to the next steps. If you CAN NOT get ArmA II to launch then we can trouble shoot that later tonight.

3. After you have verified that both ArmA II and OA work without the beta patches, THEN download and install the latest beta patch from BI. (Google ArmA II Beta and make sure you get it straight from BI, not an external source. The LATEST version will be in the green bar at the top of the beta downloads page.)

4. Verify that you can launch ArmA II: Combined Ops (ArmA II + OA) by using the newly created shortcut on your desktop from installing the beta patch.

5. Download Six Updater and download/apply the latest version of @DayZ. If you want to launch DayZ through Steam you will need to add perform a few additional steps, otherwise use the "beta" shortcut on your desktop, and "activate" the mod. Let me know if any of this helps.

Edited by Ag3nt Richt3r
  • Like 1

Want me to make you a happy camper? I own a GT70, one model above your MSI, and I know the problem. Uninstall the Qualcomm Killer Atheros Network Manager crap and just install the network drivers from your Utilities Disk that came with your laptop. The Killer Manager crap is useless and is the cause of 95% of the networking problems you will have on your laptop. Dump it like a crazy ex-girlfriend.

Edited by Malachi Krieg

Open a Run box by pressing WIN+R or going to Start > run, then paste in the following and change your steam folder location in both sections between " "

mklink "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Addons" "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\addons" /j

Check your arma2 oa folder to see if you have a new shortcut called >addons, then run the game.