Nick Darnoc

Suggestion: Poker

I think a realistic feature would be adding decks of cards to the game so you could play poker with other players.

Say you're running around at night with a few other survivors it starts raining and you're forced to take shelter somewhere for awhile, wouldn't it be cool to sit down with some companions and bet your cans of beans (or other things in your bag) with other players?

sounds very interesting and very easy to implement :) the loot side of things would have to be player side though, that way you could lose and keep your can of beans, but risk getting shot by everyone else playing.

Not immediately necessary, but if such things are at all possible side things like this would be a nice addition.

Problem with this is scripting it, Poker is a rediculously complex when you think of all the types of winning hands you'd have to add in etc.

Besides, what would you play for? Would have to be a numerical currency or unit.

Like I said you would play with whatever your had I think Dale has the right Idea that the bets are decided by the players themselves, and not following through could be deadly.

Problem with this is scripting it' date=' Poker is a rediculously complex when you think of all the types of winning hands you'd have to add in etc.

Besides, what would you play for? Would have to be a numerical currency or unit.

[/quote']

You wouldn't even need to put in a system where the game decides who wins and transfers winnings.

Put the cards and a format for playing in the game, players are responsible for deciding winning hands, agreeing upon fair (or unfair lol) bets, and exchanging winnings (or not).

Give the players the cards, let them handle everything else.

Problem with this is scripting it' date=' Poker is a rediculously complex when you think of all the types of winning hands you'd have to add in etc.

[/quote']

It wouldn't be ridiculously complex to script, it would just need a random generator implemented and as Leechman says you would only need to see the cards and everything else is decided by players.

Oh I was thinking along the lines of the game telling you if you had won etc, but if it was up to the players it would be easier, would make it more immersive.

would be a very cool idea to add poker in it. i like the idea that players are responsible for deciding winning hands. cause when you sit in a group of 6 man or something like that and 1 plays unfair - i think he will not live long :D

I imagine it wouldn't take long before gunfights erupt over that unlikely Full House your opponent just got.

As much as I'm excited for it too, it's really just side fluff.

If it is ever going to be added in, I imagine it will be a long way down the track :(

I support this, it'd be great to sit down for a while and play some card games while we're on it. Next to a campfire.

Gee, these little additions just add some delicious depth into the immersive feel of the game! I'm supporting these good ones very much.

I hope Rocket sees these, I really do.

I hope so as well but with all the suggestions going through there is always a chance this thread will go unseen

[/quote']

Not really, i've coded many IRC poker bots that only take a few hours.

Just anything that would help pass the time when it starts raining at night and your trapped in doors would be nice.

Say you're running around at night with a few other survivors it starts raining and you're forced to take shelter somewhere for awhile' date=' wouldn't it be cool to sit down with some companions and bet your cans of beans (or other things in your bag) with other players?

[/quote']

And how long will it take for someone to shoot another survivor?

Or if a bandit just so happens to come threw the doors and you can't get your gun ready in time..

I don't think the other survivors are going to let you just take there loot just because they lost a card game, not when they have a chance to shoot you and get it back anyway.

There is always danger in this mod, and it's up to players to take risks, I personally would probably play with friends I know and travel with before I play against a stranger.

Also since I'm a nice guy I'd probably let him keep his beans too.

Less generous players can shoot if the other player doesn't follow through, or not I feel this game is all about freedom, no rules to say hey you can't do that he won fair and square!

Guitars,cards...Cant you see that this is not type of game that welcomes socializing?(at least for now.And I really hope it'll change)

I play with 3 people that I already know personally, surely not everyone is alone. Of course I would like to not have to worry so much about every survivor I come across as well.

Social features would make alot to this game, really love the ideas going around. I'd say even something as simple as dice would be a great way to pass time.