Instinct (DayZ)

how and where would i buy a server

ok so i have some questions 1. is will the server come pre set up or will i have to add the files and stuff ( if i do who would i ask for help)

It honestly depends on who you buy it from. Google around, ask their sales departments. That's the best advice I can offer. I can't suggest any host in particular.

It sounds like you shouldn't buy a dedicated server though, you may want to consider a slotted server instead. Judging by your post, you dont sound too confident on setting it up and managing it yourself.

• Like 1

If you have to ask this question you're probably not cut out to maintain a server.

-Spittin facts, don't hate

Check out http://www.jgservers.com

We have a couple promotions going on. The servers come set up automatically. You get a web based control panel where you can start/stop the server, edit server name, edit difficulty, and a cool feature that let's you change the game time so you can play in the day time and skip the night.

Please see our post at http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/46816-jgserverscom-15-off-get-your-own-day-z-server-now

Edited by coretax

The best host is the one that fits your budget, good servers and service.

Learn how to do it yourself and buy dedicated. Save yourself the headache of renting from the middleman.

The servers you get normally come setup (unless you are buying a dedicated server).

If you have to setup the files, its fairly easy to do (there's a fair few steps to it though).

The servers I sell come pre setup and you get FTP access to change some of the files (some of them are locked - i.e. the ability to password protect servers and change naming schemes to IP doesn't get blacklisted).

Shoot me a PM if you want to talk to me more on Skype or Steam about DayZ servers, game servers or servers in general.

Hi you can better go for dedicated server where you can add files and you have the access to change the control over data base and software and settings.You can buy dedicated server or else VPS at 9cubehosting.com here they provide good customer support .I hope it will be helpful to you .