Sign in to follow this  
razorblade12@hotmail.co.uk

FPS Issues - AMD GPU

Hey, Me and my friend decided to start streaming some of our DayZ adventures if you will but it seems with or without Xsplit open he is getting around 10-15 FPS which for his PC is Very Very bad!

Pc specs:

• AMD Phenom II x6 1090T Processor 3.20ghz

• 2 Samsung Screens (One 32" and one 23")

• 16Gb Corsiar Vengance RAM

• ATI HD Radeon 7970

• Thermal take case

• OCZ 700 watt psu

• Astro A40 Headset

• Razor Naga Epic

• Razor Ananci

Now im on a way lower setup than that and still hitting 30, Im just wondering if there is any kind of fix for this since its pretty terrible playing at 10fps :/

Tried so far

Changing the GPU MAX FPS in the config file has done nothing for him and neither has any of the other things that raise my fps do nothing to his.

Edited by InDaTent

Tell him to remove all his malware and obvious vira floating around.

Then guide him to guru3d.com and tell him to get Catalyst 12.8 from the ati drivers section.

I use a worse processor and a 7950 and I get 50-110 FPS constant even in cities with everything at max (AA disabled)

Try adding "-cpucount=6" without the quotes in the startup parameters. That doubled my fps from 10-15 to around 25-30 with the same processor but an HD 5750 card.

If that doesn't work you can also try "-maxmem####" without quotes and replacing # with the amount of ram you want Arma / DayZ to use.

You could also try turning off Anti-Aliasing, Post-Processing, and V-Sync.

• Like 1

@CrashMaster

I gave my beans to you sir! Even though this didn't fully fix the problem it has defiantly made his FPS more bearable hitting around 30-40, It may not be were its suppose to be but you have helped!

Excellent, that's still not what I would expect from a system like that but at least it's playable. It could be that either ATI has to release better drivers for a card as new as that or Arma 2 simply doesn't know how to fully use it.

OH! just typing this response I thought of something else that might help. Make sure your 3D resolution is the same as your Interface Resolution, it seems to default to different values making your game look worse and have worse framerate at the same time.

does anyone else have any ideas why this is so bad

http://forums.guru3d......<br /><br /> There's the 12.8 drivers (or at least what I'd guess they are) and the ATI driver section to always keep looking at each week is http://forums.guru3d...isplay.php?f=46

Just fyi, I prefer having my games run at 1000000+ FPS, even though my screens refresh rate is capped at 60. Any game just feels smother with more frames, and because of that the only thing I have above low is texture detail for DayZ

:edit: Love your sig. I keep seeing rocks aswell thinking they're tents. My friend keeps calling me nuts because he never sees them as tents, haha. Annoying ._.

Edited by Fapguy

Hes just re-installed it and it seems to have improved it slighty, Could the problem maybe be the fact that all his steam downloads are on a different hard drive than his documents where his character save files are etc?

Hes just re-installed it and it seems to have improved it slighty, Could the problem maybe be the fact that all his steam downloads are on a different hard drive than his documents where his character save files are etc?

That should only affect his load time, not his FPS