Sign in to follow this  
jeijo25

MAke it easier for new players

since too many people are being negitive about this please ignore this thread

Edited by jeijo25

and by the way I dont expect it to be a gun it was unimplemented for a reason.

Just so you know, the knife is not a weapon, it's a tool to get the meat out of dead animals. The players actually started witha handgun before, but it got removed. I think it had something that there were too much PvP around the spawnpoints. Some kind of meleewepon would be nice for some though.

Edit: ninja'd...

Edited by Nicegamer101

No. Just no. We all had to do it and learn. They can do the same. this isnt world of warcraft where there is handholding every step of the way. This has a steep learning curve and it should stay that way

• Like 3

No. Just no. We all had to do it and learn. They can do the same. this isnt world of warcraft where there is handholding every step of the way. This has a steep learning curve and it should stay that way

like I said before in my post you don't need to be rude and older players did start with a gun. When i said knife i ment maybe add a feature where you can slash or stab

I agree with Chaossound, this game has a 90 degree learning curve, and it should stay that way. This game is brutal, and if you get a gun in the beginning there's going to be a lot of unnecessary PvP.

• Like 1

like I said before in my post you don't need to be rude and older players did start with a gun. When i said knife i ment maybe add a feature where you can slash or stab

I'm not being rude. Older players maybe people who played the first versions or two. When I started I started with the same basics everyone has now and I learned through trial and error. Now THIS is me being rude

Game too hard to learn for you? go back to fucking WoW or CoD and play nazi zombies. Keep your fucking casuals out of this awesome game.

You figure things out either in the first or second death.

When I spawned in without a weapon it was my first priority to get one and I knew I couldnt fight zombies so I stealthed everywhere. (learned to stealth)

Still aggroed zombies, so I learned to lose them.

Aggroed too many, learned to run away!

Just learn dude, everything you need is in the game somewhere, just go get it and quit bitching about how you absolutely need to kill a zombie within 5 minutes of spawning.

• Like 1

I'm not being rude. Older players maybe people who played the first versions or two. When I started I started with the same basics everyone has now and I learned through trial and error. Now THIS is me being rude

Game too hard to learn for you? go back to fucking WoW or CoD and play nazi zombies. Keep your fucking casuals out of this awesome game.

And why isn't it possible to start out with a knife? Don't you have knives at home? Poor you, well most people have knives like this at home 25922.jpg

so why not take it on a level with a crowbar as an item to start with? oh i forgot it would be overpowered and unrealistic to use every day items

And why isn't it possible to start out with a knife? Don't you have knives at home? Poor you, well most people have knives like this at home

so why not take it on a level with a crowbar as an item to start with? oh i forgot it would be overpowered and unrealistic to use every day items

Seriously? This is a minimalistic, brutal, game. You learn, and it won't get you anywhere to complain on a forum that consists of people who learned the game fair and square where everything wasn't handed to them. Edited by SentientRobot

And why isn't it possible to start out with a knife? Don't you have knives at home? Poor you, well most people have knives like this at home

We don't use malee weapons in the game because 9 times out of 10 melee weapons do more harm than good. Especially for new players who think they can just run up and bash at a zombie. If you don't have the basic skills to sneak around zombies the axe isnt going to help you any more than not having anything at all.

Not really. imo and in my experience, you don't really need a gun at a beginning. I believe it's beneficial to be defenseless as it teaches you to play it safe and use stealth. It's not really that hard to find a weapon anyhow. I typically find one within 10 minutes at the most. The hardest choice for me is which weapon to use :P Notwithstanding the game is meant to be brutal.

Then again, what does it mean to be brutal? Does it reflect the supposed reality of a zombie apocalypse? Are a sizable amount of players (real people!) really sociopathic killers? The game isn't meant to be a COD deathmatch.

I've been killed by people I haven't even thought of killing... kind of disappointed in the sheer amount of bandits. That will get new players pretty pissed. I just hope every time I'm nice to someone (giving them a gun/not shooting them when I get the drop) they don't shoot me. Sadly, every time I get shot. So now I just hide. I don't want to kill them; I don't want them to kill me.

But hey, I'm not complaining. I love this game. PvP is a core element of DayZ, although I'd love it if people were just less impulsive and/or sociopathic.

Edited by Cobalt Pete (xbow)

I believe most people are over reacting about this post. I'm not whining. I just believe it would make it easier for new players. I'm looking out for the newbies, no need to hate. I actually know how to play know where the best spots for weapons to spawn I could sneak into I know how to play

Edited by jeijo25

Real men take Life's unfairness and they force life to choke on it by learning how to overcome it.

Eat disaster and shit victory. Thread closed.

Edited by TheBadger

I thought most of us like things realistic. but I guesse some of us just want things dificult even if it is completely, retardely unrealistic.

Who goes to a town full of infected just to find a hatchet when the car they probably abondoned had a metal jack or tool they could have taken with them?

The CROWBAR is a complete waste of time right now. Why not add that as the starting weapon?

Edited by VISION305

Who goes to a town full of infected just to find a hatchet when the car they probably abondoned had a metal jack or tool they could have taken with them?

People who have no food, no weapons no means of survival. Also as you spawn on the beach chances of having a car are slim and none. As far a "realism" goes don't open that can of worms with me I will ruin your taste for realism in this game

Edited by Chaossound

I thought most of us like things realistic. but I guesse some of us just want things dificult even if it is completely, retardely unrealistic.

The CROWBAR is a complete waste of time right now. Why not add that as the starting weapon?

Because the idea is you're an ex-military soldier who washed up on shore for undisclosed reasons. I don't know about you but I don't normally swim with crowbars. We're really lucky to get a flashlight or even the bandages. Painkillers too.

I'd give all players a crowbar but I'd probably strip them of everything else instead, including their backpack. Because if you try to hurt someone with a crowbar you're just gonna get hit and bleed out to death if you try to go ninja on a zombies ass.

No reason to kill eachother on the shore then. Nobody ain't got shit to take.

Edited by TheBadger