Sign in to follow this  
nikita.shybayev@hotmail.de

Separate Clips and Ammo

I'm pretty sure that a similar Topic already exists, but i don't find anything when i search for "clips". My suggestion is to separate single bullets from the magazines, so you will be able, and HAVE TO manually refill them after shooting/reloading. Also, full mags (and mags at all) should become very rare, and you will find just some single bullets more often, lets say 4,5 or 10. One of the gameplay effects should be, that you have to take some time to reload your mags (which should be very very rare and take a slot in the inventory) , so you cant just run into a city or a village and fire about 100 or more rounds on the zeds and defend yourself endless any more, so the zeds will become a bigger threat and you will have to plan your way to play a bit more.

I know that this will be a very hard challenge (or even impossible) to make something like this work with the arma 2 engine, and the team is focusing the bug fixing now, but it would be nice if you'll keep this suggestion in your mind for the standalone version of DayZ (maybe even with a nice animation) :)

Sorry for my bad English.

Edited by Nikitaman
  • Like 1

^^^

Owned.

Sorry, had to say that, ahah; albeit I'm sure he knows what you really meant.

I'll agree on that, though! Would change the dynamicss of the game significantly.

I agree with the intent of the OP. Make magazine somewhat rare(compared to now at least). Perhaps make ammunition a little less rare for some guns than it is now, though. Ideally, this would translate into making some guns (fixed tube magazine shotguns and the like) much more viable. Shotguns seem underrepresented (compared to what I would expect in a real zombie apocalypse).

There is a military theory that, in the field, ammunition should be plentiful but magazines would likely not be. As an added benefit this would likely permanently solve the problem with automatically replenishing ammo and make the odd “convert ammo” thing unnecessary.

The down side is this will probably have to wait until the total split from base Arma 2 happens because I am pretty sure you would have to rewrite several key bits of Arma 2 to make it work.

Still, excellent idea.