Sign in to follow this  
deaded38

A better alternative to respawning

This is a much better alternative to respawning. Let me explain...

The player gets to pick a general area on where they want to spawn, such as Cherno or Elektro. In these general areas, there would be 10 (there can be more or less) spawns spaced out in different areas along the coast of the general area to prevent people spawning in the same location. The specific spawn would be random. For example, I would pick Cherno as my general location, but I could spawn at Cherno spawn #1, #2, #3 and so on. This would eliminate the need for the respawn button so players can meet up with their friends with a minimum hassle. This would also raise the performance of the databases even more than before since players won't generally run into zombies to respawn because they can't meet up with their friends. I believe this would also bring a good chunk of the players back to DayZ. I, for one, have friends who used to play DayZ but will not play if this problem isn't resolved (me included). A lot of people quit DayZ since it was a major pain in the ass to get to their friends. I would like to think everyone would be happier if the respawning was more like this.

• Like 2

Rocket allready mentioned that he is going to implement some sort of spawnpoints later. this is just a test and quick fix for the spamming.

i could be wrong tho. eitherway i dont care that much about spawnpoints and friend/clan spawning. it would be too much insta action spawns.

Edited by Bezki

This is a much better alternative to respawning. Let me explain...

The player gets to pick a general area on where they want to spawn, such as Cherno or Elektro. In these general areas, there would be 10 (there can be more or less) spawns spaced out in different areas along the coast of the general area to prevent people spawning in the same location. The specific spawn would be random. For example, I would pick Cherno as my general location, but I could spawn at Cherno spawn #1, #2, #3 and so on. This would eliminate the need for the respawn button so players can meet up with their friends with a minimum hassle. This would also raise the performance of the databases even more than before since players won't generally run into zombies to respawn because they can't meet up with their friends. I believe this would also bring a good chunk of the players back to DayZ. I, for one, have friends who used to play DayZ but will not play if this problem isn't resolved (me included). A lot of people quit DayZ since it was a major pain in the ass to get to their friends. I would like to think everyone would be happier if the respawning was more like this.

Cool idea, but this would just make electro and cherno some serious PVP places :(

• Like 1

Rocket allready mentioned that he is going to implement some sort of spawnpoints later. this is just a test and quick fix for the spamming.

Didn't see that. Well, I hope he adds it soon. I'm just not going to play until that update comes out.

Cool idea, but this would just make electro and cherno some serious PVP places :(

True, but I'd hope that people would spawn in different locations and not just Cherno and Elektro.

True, but I'd hope that people would spawn in different locations and not just Cherno and Elektro.

Well to be honest after a while the game gets kind of boring you do the same thing... go loot weapons... get geared up with best weapons... then die, rinse and repeat. People then turn to just player killing for fun and then they will just spawn in either of those to places and kill new and old players :)

it's a good idea but sure we'll get a solution to the problem and more possibilities..anyway i'll just run to my friends, it's better than not playing and anyway what do you do when you play solo? run alone on the mountains. you can't survive without the stuff your guys give to you when you respawn? you need a babysitter in cherno? it will be fixed and i think everyone can face this little issue

Yeah it would help with less zombies spawning all over the map... I run by so many towns to get to where I'm going and see so many zombies spawn as I pass. This would all in all help with a lot, and yeah the spawn areas should be very general.

Yes this seems like the most logical way to handle it. As for people rage quitting because they cant quickly join up, dont start playing a mod in the alpha stages and expect everything to be simple and convenient for you. All these things will take time, and some wont be solved untill we get a stand alone.

Yes this seems like the most logical way to handle it. As for people rage quitting because they cant quickly join up, dont start playing a mod in the alpha stages and expect everything to be simple and convenient for you. All these things will take time, and some wont be solved untill we get a stand alone.

Meh. I'm not really ragequitting. Just taking a break until things become more convenient. I expect these kind of things to happen, but I most certainly don't want this to be permanent. Which, according to some of you, it won't be.