Sign in to follow this  
tfninja

What is with the loading time for some servers??

so its 33 minutes and counting since i tried to log back in. each server ive tried has just stuck on "loading" for such a long time ive ctrl alt deleted it. the one server which loaded in a respectable time was at night time so i had to quit it.

i have tried 4 other servers and given each of them approx 7 minutes to load, and this is on an ssd.

is it a bug or what?

im just about to ctrl alt delete a fifth server.

I've just tried to log in as well, having massive loading screens as well - Also wondering the same thing :s

ye same problems ive been scouring the forums for a reason/solution but to no avail does any one have any input or is everyone else fine?

I've had this problem all day. Earlier on I was only getting any success with what felt like 5% of the servers I tried. Now I'm at the point that I've managed to play on two servers in a row, so I've done something right. Here are among a few steps I'd taken although I can't pinpoint if one or a combination of them were the decider:

-Firstly the latest ARMA II beta patch has recently been renewed. Look up and install version 95417.

-Update BattlEye via two methods. If you've installed Operation Arrowhead through steam, first try updating it through the promt when launching Operation Arrowhead in your steam library. OR download the first client from download page from the BattlEye website and place the file in the arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye folder.

-It "might" help to make sure your Six LAUNCHER and UPDATER both get updated. Even if you prefer not to use them.

-Also use one of the various methods (six launcher should be fine) to update your DayZ version to 1.7.2.4.

-In a desperate case you may want to open ports 2302, 2303 and 2305 as UDP to cover the main bases of connectivity.

I had help with getting pointed in the right direction thanks to

and a bit of forum digging. Edited by Cooperal

yeh quite retarded right now, 3 servers in a row and ive waited like 5 mins + each time

i gave up after about 10 tries. guess ill try again tomorrow.

loading times have been fucked for a few patches now. each time it says they are optimizing servers, it makes it even worse to load the game. used to take me 30sec-1min max, now takes 5min+