Sign in to follow this  
kleutscher

Single player disabled! Cant make any more episodes. Why?

Why is the singleplayer disabled?

Was making episodes with the editor. Now i cant.

Does this have something to do with the hackers?

Edited by kleutscher

I believe Rocket disabled it with the latest patch (1.7.2.4).

I'm pretty sure i read that the single player mode was a hack made by someone Rocket trusted with the game source or something and hackers ended up using it to test and develop other hacks. or something like that.

Although that is some pretty good machinima.

Edited by Rowrin

thanks,

a shame is that someone from machinima was busy with the editor making a movie. he pointed to me that the editor was disabled .

lets make a petition:P

We want the editor

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure i read that the single player mode was a hack made by someone Rocket trusted with the game source or something and hackers ended up using it to test and develop other hacks. or something like that.

Do you have sources for this, such as the name of this "someone" for starters and details about what exactly went down?

Personally I heard a very different story, one where it is alleged that Rocket doesn't want unofficial single player modes because it might reduce his changes of finding a developer.Here's a link, from there you can follow the link to the Reddit thread: http://kronzky.info/...s/arma/dayzsp/

I don't know which version of the story is true, but I'm more inclined to believe the person who offers to post full conversation logs and doesn't hide behind legal threats. Either way, I'm not very happy about the removal of Single Player. I was having fun trying to see what kind of fortification I could build when I had an entire map to myself. It doesn't beat multiplayer but it was nice to do for a change, unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy it very long =/

I'm also not comfortable with the fact that Rocket seems to be ruining people's fun for no reason. I checked the change log and there was no mention of Single Player being disabled, which leaves me thinking that Rocket indeed didn't have a good reason to do this and therefore wanted to avoid players noticing. If it was a cheating issue I'm sure he wouldn't have hid it, quite to the contrary in fact.

Anyway if Rocket wants to put monetary gain before players' enjoyment, I won't be buying DayZ Standalone. I know it's Rocket's right to do what he wants with the game, but it's also my right not to buy the game when it's released if I'm not happy about it. I'd rather support a developer who doesn't try to control everything and let's players have fun the way they want. I'm not playing games to fill wallets or boost somebody's ego.

In fact I'm ditching DayZ completely and moving on to another game.

Also taking screenshots of this thread because I get a feeling it might not stay here very long.

I saw when rocket makes dayz standalone add a sp and make it mandatory to play thru it for about 10-30mins so new players know what to do in and also machinma i mad a dayz clip on a cracked server with my nyan cat bus sadly it was empty.

Reasons for SP 1.have a tutorial for new players

2.Machinma

3.a vaction from bandits

ye Im pretty sure he disabled single player so he can block "no DayZ items" from teh game. so hacker cant spawn in things like plains tanks golden AK and so on.

p.s. Disgruntled just talking bunch of crap. and he ditching this game but same time telling that he screenshoting this topic. why?

I call it - attention whore )

Edited by evkol001

Really a shame. But i can understand if it has something to do with hackers.

There's something called "Solitude." It's a mod of DayZ where tiny things are tweaked, and isn't controlled by the devs of DayZ. I suppose you could always use that.

There's something called "Solitude." It's a mod of DayZ where tiny things are tweaked, and isn't controlled by the devs of DayZ. I suppose you could always use that.

Yeah? Where can I find it.
  • Like 1