Sign in to follow this  
SoWeMeetAgain

legs breaking randomly?

Hey there!

Today I experienced random leg breaks twice. Has anyone else noticed such a thing? What could it be?

The first time I was sitting still inside a safe house and studying my just found map, first time I had one so I spent quite some time with it... suddenly I blacked out, the hourglass went down significantly slow, when I could finally do something again I was bleeding, had lost a LOT of blood, had a broken bone and the other white icon (what is that by the way?) was on, too.

I bled out before I could bandage myself, was a real shame because out of luck I even had morphine on me -_-

The second time was just now, I was crawling into a stable (you know, with the metal railings for cows and hay) and when I crawled just inside of it, I suddenly blacked out (this time not too long), when I came to I again had a broken leg, was bleeding and the other white icon (again, what is that thing anyways?) was on, too.

No morphine this time, got eaten a short time later when one zombie aggro'd me even though I was obviously crawling very slow ^^

have a nice dayZ!

Edited by SoWeMeetAgain

I had this happen and I believe it has to do with hackers. My friend said he got a broken leg running in the forest and I was like weird and then I broke my legs just crouching in a deer stand seconds later not even moving. A day later I was crouch walking while leaving a town and boom broken legs.

The second instance you were talking about though sounds like a glitch within the game. You don't want to be crawling through doorways because it had a tendency to break your legs. Always crouch and walk through doorways.

Happened to me when my PC crashed, as I logged back in the game my leg was broken (and my corpse with all my gear on the ground infront of me). The next time I played my leg had magically healed itself :S

Edited by jimmydamage

It's hidden bear traps. There is an issue right now where if you place, activate, then pick-up the bear trap, there will be an invisible "active" bear trap in that spot.

It's hidden bear traps. There is an issue right now where if you place, activate, then pick-up the bear trap, there will be an invisible "active" bear trap in that spot.

Hmmmm, could be possible, at least in the second instance. Though I heard no sound - do beartraps make sounds when they go off?

And it doesn't explain the random leg break while sitting still :/

Physics engine is partly to blame as well. I crawled down a deer stand, then went prone cause of a zombie nearby. The engine no clipped me INTO a leg of the deer stand, and I instantly got a broken arm.

A friend of mine saw a tent, he was new, and thought you had to crawl inside of it to get stuff from it. Well he crawled up to it, no clipped into the tent, and instantly died.

Part of the problem I have seen is randomly glitching and no clipping into stuff, then the engine picking up you being crushed and crap. So make sure you stay away from walls before crouching or going prone, sometimes you no clip into it and take mysterious damage and broken bones.

I broke my leg today just walking (not sprinting) down some stairs. It sucked especially, because i had my most successful run to date, and i was a million miles from any big town without morphine... Im still in mourning :P

Never had this problem, and it seems like it's (unfortunately) a common glitch... I have an AK-47, an AKM, and a G17, I really hope this doesn't happen to me :S

everytime i die , my new goal is to get as fast as possible : map/compass / morphine injector x4 ,any weapon then leave the city.

assuming that 4 morphine is enough.

to be honest i did few trip to north , well equiped and since last changes about weapon dammage i realized that the possibility to have broken leg is much more higher than before (bad aggro , zombie acting differently, 5 z to kill with 5 bullets ... ok im good but i can't do perfect headshots all the time so ...more broken legs x)

Edited by bwarky

I spawned in yesterday and had a random leg break then insta dead, was nighttime on a 4 person server. Lost my best loot yet.