Swordfish (DayZ)

Disappearing vehicles?

We had a camp with two vehicles out in the middle of nowhere on the edge of the map. Within 12 hours we come back and they are gone. We saved them multiple times. I doubt anyone would have stolen them within that amount of time. The server is not on the latest patch yet and neither are we. Not many people join the server either. There are always less than 20 and usually less than 10. Is this common that vehicles disappear? Maybe ours did indeed get stolen but I doubt it.

Well, i noticed that vehicels disappear after a server-restart and appear again after the next restart.

But i could also be possible that someone found jour camp and stole the vehicles.

• Like 1

Server restart will fix it, sometimes you need to restart the server many times

• Like 1

ive had nothing but issues with vehicles i was driving a uaz and as i was heading 30mph down a road it dissapears and i just teleport out of it in the spot i was sitting in with the car saved it many times and it never showed up at any of the save locations

Well, i noticed that vehicels disappear after a server-restart and appear again after the next restart.

But i could also be possible that someone found jour camp and stole the vehicles.

Server restart will fix it, sometimes you need to restart the server many times

I'm not sure if it restarted or not. :( It is just so far away from anything that for someone to find it within that amount of time is un-believable especially without helicopters. A modder could of joined and taken them or something though. I'll check back in a day or so. Thanks for the help/suggestion.

Considering the last several beta patches and DayZ patches have been almost specifically for fixing desync with vehicles, I am not surprised.

I am also a victim of this. My clan and I lost two white pickup trucks, a motor bike, tractor,UAZ and URAL, along with two bikes.

Some people might say "Someone could have taken those!" cept for our tents with two L85's and other priceless loot was untouched.

Was it a pickup and a motorbike?

Nope.

Considering the last several beta patches and DayZ patches have been almost specifically for fixing desync with vehicles, I am not surprised.

I am also a victim of this. My clan and I lost two white pickup trucks, a motor bike, tractor,UAZ and URAL, along with two bikes.

Some people might say "Someone could have taken those!" cept for our tents with two L85's and other priceless loot was untouched.

Sadly we did not decide to pitch the tent we had in one of the vehicles.

Edited by Swordfish

Just asking. Found them earlier near the edge. Your shit isn't safe at any time.

I know but it's not a overly active server. They are very well hidden. That's why I'm questioning it. Considering all the glitches DayZ has I wouldn't be surprised they just disappeared because of one.

We have the same problem, our vehicles despawned almost in front of our eyes, around 4:30 - 5pm GMT+2

What's your server?

We have the same problem, our vehicles despawned almost in front of our eyes, around 4:30 - 5pm GMT+2

What's your server?

It doesn't matter. I'm not telling you our server or they might actually get stolen. :P

Don't feel bad.

Over the last few days this game has screwed us out of:

2 Offroad Pickups

1 Ural

3 ATVs

1 Van

2 Bikes

1 Motorcycle

1 Heli

All of which do not return on server restart since this last patch.

All of the ground vehicles disappeared on server restart except the Van. So we took the van, found a Heli and repaired it, then looked for our vehicles with it. They were no where I could see and from 200-400 altitude you can see right into woods. Then server restarted a few times that day and still they did not come back. Then next restart out Heli and Van are gone. Yet nothing out of our tents was touched. Those tents had decent loot in them too. So I doubt if someone was lucky enough to stumble upon our well hidden camp that they would take empty vehicles and not load them up with super good loot. expecially when our tents had extra jerrys.

I know the game is in alpha but it still pisses me off. If someone stole them, whatever its part of the game. People wonder why there are so many hackers out there right now. I'm starting to understand why. Spending 3 hours looking for parts for a vehicle that disappears on restart and never comes back is stupid. This is the second time its happened and we found the Ural once already in some random spot on the map with the same amount of fuel and all the gear we left in it. So I know no one stole it that time.

Playing just now I grabbed a UAZ and drove it back to my camp, saved it multiple times, then went to a petrol station to fill my jerry cans. I come back not 10 minutes later, and *poof* my UAZ has disappeared. Thinking it was due to a hacker as I have lost a quadbike and motorbike in the last week in similar situations. You could say someone followed me back to my campsite but the vehicle was near empty and in the surrounding tents were plenty of supplies and a couple of rare guns. All of which untouched. I have experienced hacking on this server in the past, but hopefully this was a desync problem and will be fixed on the next restart. Doubt it, but that's the game.

Server was AU2, at 8:40pm.

Was it a Ural and a hatchback?

What server did you find those on ? And was there any notable gear in the Ural ? Could be mine, not sure, but I'd definitely prefer having lost those to a player than to some server glitch.

As relatively new people to the game (Me and my clan) only in the last week have we had the knowledge to get them and then get them running again.

But as stated in this thread they just seem to randomly de spawn after a server restart.

We were on our way to stash a fully fixed UAZ, Toyata Hylux and 2 ATV's about 2000mtrs from our planned destinationn the server warned us it was

about to restart.. we got out saved them and rejoined.

The UAZ and 1 ATV had gone. we then get to our destination somewhat pissed that the server had just randomly killed off half our convoy but what can you do.

so we stash the remainder of the convoy pitch a tent and log off.

spawned today.

ALL GONE....................

had some fun getting it all together though

I'm having an issue where the vehicles and the tents disappear (the physical tents gone not ran over, just gone) server has restarted multiple times and still nothing.