Sign in to follow this  
arched123

ALT+F4 and possible server hopping kid!

I was on the coastline with a Lee Enfield and a makarov that i had recently found in the nearest town. I decided to leave to town and find a safe area. As i noticed the coastline, i also noticed a guy running with 3 Zeds chasing him. I went prone to assess the situation. "i have more than enough ammo to save this guy, but what if he kills me?" (he had a winchester rifle) So i decided to type "Friendly! over here!". As soon as i did that, i shot the zombie that was trailing behind. One down, Two left. As i caught up to him, the zombies were attacking something on the floor. I feared that i was too late. So i killed the last two zombies and went to see if the guy was ok. Nothing! No body at all.

This was when i realised that the guy had ALT+F4'd out of the game. I was not happy, so i decided to wait for him and show him that ALT+F4'ing has consequences. He logged back in and i shot him once. Instant ALT+F4 again.... So again i waited. About 10 minutes had past and no sign of the kid. So i decided that he had server hopped to save his stuff.

Do you think that shooting a player that ALT+f4's is acceptable? Seeing as i was trying to save him aswell. I would have happily helped him with anything he needed. Please remember that i had no intentions of betraying this player after i had killed those zombies before you reply :P

Of course everyone thinks its fine to kill someone who alt f4'd. You don't need our validation.

• Like 1

He may have just gotten worried that i was going to kill him. But i really do not see the need to that. What's the point of playing a survival game when you're just going to take the easy way out every time something happens :/

Yep, it sucks. Just got in a firefight with a guy who opened up on me for no reason, I noticed him a good 40 seconds earlier, but decided to keep moving past the city. He see's me and opens fire, but I have an m4a1 CCO, and put him down quickly. He wasn't dead, but losing blood fast. I ran to him, and I was going to try and communicate if he stopped shooting, but he didn't. Got in visible range and, of course, he F4's...

Pissed me off pretty bad. Ended up looting the city and signing off for the night.....

Yep, it sucks. Just got in a firefight with a guy who opened up on me for no reason, I noticed him a good 40 seconds earlier, but decided to keep moving past the city. He see's me and opens fire, but I have an m4a1 CCO, and put him down quickly. He wasn't dead, but losing blood fast. I ran to him, and I was going to try and communicate if he stopped shooting, but he didn't. Got in visible range and, of course, he F4's...

Pissed me off pretty bad. Ended up looting the city and signing off for the night.....

There should be some sort of way that delays an F4 so that the player closes the game but the character stands there and take all damage for a while. That would be one way to deter these scrub players.

• Like 1

Imo they should make it so that on Alt+F4 your character is wiped.

And so should respawn spam be handled.

The only real possibility to leave game is trough the exit button.

Or possibly Ctrl+ALT+Delete, to terminate through Taskmanager(in case of game freezes), wich takes way longer.

In fact I still firmly believe that there should be an in combat tracker, something like certain mmo's.

Once engaged by anyone, or if you engage anyone, you enter a state of combat wich would not allow you to leave the server/game until you are out of combat, be it via death or victory.

This is supposed to offer a hardcore survival experience, so the fear of actual death is always the 'drive' one needs to get real playing this game.

• Like 1

A 30 second logout delay would greatly curb this problem.

That sounds like a great idea. Could also have it so that if you get hit while the 30 seconds are counting down, it cancels (you probably wouldn't need that feature considering 30 seconds is enough time to kill someone).

Imo they should make it so that on Alt+F4 your character is wiped.

And so should respawn spam be handled.

The only real possibility to leave game is trough the exit button.

Or possibly Ctrl+ALT+Delete, to terminate through Taskmanager(in case of game freezes), wich takes way longer.

In fact I still firmly believe that there should be an in combat tracker, something like certain mmo's.

Once engaged by anyone, or if you engage anyone, you enter a state of combat wich would not allow you to leave the server/game until you are out of combat, be it via death or victory.

This is supposed to offer a hardcore survival experience, so the fear of actual death is always the 'drive' one needs to get real playing this game.

Im throwing my beans at you, one at a time. CATCH THEM IN YOUR MOUTH!

• Like 1

just make them lose all items they have

then they will question whether to do it in first place

just make them lose all items they have

then they will question whether to do it in first place

Your pic is the ultimate Butter Face. I agree they should lose all items. Think the DayZ team is having problems with ideas like this though, because one way or another you'll end up hurting legit players. We'll probably have to wait until the standalone comes out...I've heard people say this Christmas, but seen no official statement.