Sign in to follow this  
Duskan

Possible Tent Fixes?

I've used three tents for far in my month or so of playing, and all of them has had this issue at one time or another. I place my tent in a concealed area, store some valuable gear, save and logout. I come back the next day and the tent is empty or I have multiple empty tents where mine was located. What gives, is there a fix for this or are tents just completely broken? My last tent had a lot of food, drink, ammo and a M9 that are now all lost.

Sometimes server restarts will delete all items in your tent. It's a glitch, but from what I've heard it's only tents that have been placed more than once (re-located).

Once you place a tent you have to let the server go through one reboot cycle before putting anything in. That is what I have found on our server.

the tents have something wrong with the syncing and saving of it being placed. they do not save loot if the server is restarted a few hours later. its a real hassle but if you put a few things in to test and save it and if its there the next day you should be able to fill her up :)

Edited by LTmundie
  • Like 1

Once you place a tent you have to let the server go through one reboot cycle before putting anything in. That is what I have found on our server.

I've never cared enough to find out before now, but how can you tell if a server restarts without being online at the time of the restart?

Check the 1.7.2.4 rolling update thread, you should see Rocket and the team has done something about this.

Thanks for all the info guys, I think my problem is loading my tent down with gear right after setting it up. Server restarts cleaning it out afterwards. I'll try and experiment with loading one up after I leave something inside for the tent to 'eat' and place other items in after that is gone. Maybe there will finally be a use for tin cans after all.