Sign in to follow this  
Zakificus

Ultra-Rare Weapons (Could a Dev/Admin answer this)

I heard some rumors before, I forget where, that the wiki pages and everything aren't totally accurate. IIRC the page itself said that they are generated by using the results of what people have found. Using that logic, it is theoretically possible a gun could be so rare that nobody has found it (and reported it to be added to the list). Could someone confirm whether or not there are in fact weapons in game that exist that aren't on the wiki pages?

Obviously some of the crazy stuff is hacked in, but is it possible that there are weapons that are there, just so rarely spawned that nobody has added them to a wiki database?

1. God tier

2. AA12_PMC

3. VSS_vintorez

4. SCAR_H_STD_TWS_SD

5. m8_tws_sd

6. M110_TWS_EP1

7. Demigod tier

8. BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS

9. SCAR_L_STD_EGLM_TWS

10. AKS_74_GOSHAWK

11. DMR

12. M110_NVG_EP1

13. SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD

14. SCAR_H_STD_EGLM_Spect

15. SCAR_H_CQC_CCO_SD

16. m107_TWS_EP1

17. BAF_AS50_TWS

18. m8_tws

19. Pecheneg

20. Legendary tier

21. m8_holo_sd

22. SCAR_L_CQC_CCO_SD

23. M4A1_AIM_SD_camo

24. G36_C_SD_camo

25. AKS_74_UN_kobra

26. M14_EP1

27. SCAR_H_CQC_CCO

28. AKS_74_NSPU

29. FN_FAL_ANPVS4

30. SVD_NSPU_EP1

31. bizon_silenced

32. m107

33. BAF_AS50_scoped

34. PK

35. Mk_48_DZ

36. M249_DZ

37. Epic tier

38. MP5SD

39. SVD

40. BAF_LRR_scoped_W

41. Sa58V_RCO_EP1

42. BAF_L85A2_RIS_SUSAT BAF_L85A2_RIS_ACOG BAF_L86A2_ACOG BAF_L85A2_UGL_SUSAT BAF_L85A2_UGL_ACOG

43. m16a4_acg M4SPR M16A4_ACG_GL M4A3_RCO_GL_EP1

44. SCAR_L_STD_Mk4CQT SCAR_L_STD_EGLM_RCO

45. AKS_74_pso AK_107_pso AK_107_GL_pso

46. RPK_74

47. FN_FAL

48. M4A3_CCO_EP1

49. m8_compact_pmc

50. SCAR_L_CQC_Holo

51. M60A4_EP1

52. M240_DZ

53. Survivor tier

54. AK_47_M AK_47_S

55. Sa58P_EP1 Sa58V_EP1 Sa58V_CCO_EP1

56. AK_74 AKS_74 AKS_74_U AK_74_GL

57. AKS_74_kobra AK_107_kobra AK_107_GL_kobra AK_74_GL_kobra

58. G36C_camo G36K_camo

59. M16A2 m16a4 M4A1 M4A1_Aim M16A4_GL M4A1_HWS_GL

60. SCAR_L_CQC SCAR_L_STD_HOLO SCAR_L_CQC_EGLM_Holo

61. m8_carbine_pmc

62. BAF_L85A2_RIS_Holo BAF_L85A2_UGL_Holo

63. bizon

64. M1014

65. Saiga12K

66. LeeEnfield

67. UZI_SD_EP1

68. glock17_EP1

69. Okay tier

70. MP5A5

71. M24 huntingrifle

72. UZI_EP1

73. M9SD

74. Sa61_EP1

75. Winchester1866

76. Crossbow

77. Shit tier

78. Colt1911

79. revolver_EP1

80. M9

81. MakarovSD

This list is pulled from the PBO IIRC, and it has all the dayz included weapons. While it has been confirmed that a bunch of these are not enabled yet, some MAY be enabled, and only very few or close to 0 people have found them, therefore they are dismissed as hacker weapons.

I dunno, just what I heard.

This coming from an ex-hacker:

Most of those weapons don't exist in dayz. SCAR doesn't exist, G36C doesn't, and many many more.

That is a list Rocket was playing with when he was thinking about creating the mod - it definitely isn't accurate for what's currently implemented. If you go look at daydb.com it will give you a list of the possible weapons for the current version of the mod. They mine the actual data files from the mod, so if the weapon isn't in their list, you can safely assume that it's hacked in.

Edited by Bubba Jones

If it's on the wiki list, trust it. If not, feel free to pick it up (I've read numerous times that Rocket has said you only get banned for spawning hacked weapons, not using them) unless it's obviously hacked (any vehicle mounted weapon...).

While it is theoretically possible that there could be an item out there noone or next to noone has acquired, the likelihood of that being the case is so incredibly remote that we can basically rule it out. If such an item were to be found, have no fear that it would be duped rather quickly and in short order the community would find out about it.

I think about the rarest items now are satchel charges (and/or M136? I'm not 100% on either of these), because incredibly few people have them. That said, of those people that have managed to find some, several of them have duped these items to the point that people are aware of them existing. It's not listed on the wiki, but it was mentioned once in some obscure patch changelog from April, so satchel charges are indeed legit.

So while it's possible that there are items like you are describing (see satchel charges, plenty of people still don't believe/are aware of them), the likelihood of an actual weapon being that rare but still unknown is rather low. I've heard rumors that there are several other weapons coded into the mod, but none of them are enabled or some such. When stuff that's truly rare begins popping up, we'll hear about it. People like to brag, and even if the first 20 people keep it secret, someone will let the cat out of the bag, so to speak.

Found 3 M4A1 Holo SD's in a tent after we killed 2 clan members driving a pickup truck. Guessing they were hackers but that is the only gun I questioned everything else we found was legit.

M4A1 Holo SD - M4 with Holographic sight, Grenade launcher attachment and silenced.

so satchel charges are indeed legit.

Just for reference, in the mined data files (from daydb.com, for example) they are called pipe bombs - that's why a lot of people still don't believe they exist.

M4A1 Holo SD - M4 with Holographic sight, Grenade launcher attachment and silenced.

Yes, it's hacked as it appears you know. There isn't a Holo variant that is SD in the game legally - if there was one, it would be my favorite gun though :)

Yes, it's hacked as it appears you know. There isn't a Holo variant that is SD in the game legally - if there was one, it would be my favorite gun though :)

Actually that isn't hacked - I've found it in barracks before.

Actually that isn't hacked - I've found it in barracks before.

Pretty sure it's hacked. People do leave hacked weapons laying around from time to time. It's possible that somehow someone managed to get a hold of a hacked one, and then found a weapon they liked more in a barracks and traded for it. I personally swapped out a M4A3 CCO for a M4A1 Camo SD the other day, I can see someone trading the assault rifle in question just as easily for something they preferred.

You could also have mistaken another weapon for that, but there is no legit holo + SD combo in the game as of now. You can check the database.

I have legit-playing friends who have their hands all over it, seems very unlikely that they would all come across one on the ground

Well, I just checked the database and it doesn't exist. Someone may have hacked it in, found a hacked one and duped it, or something. Your friends may have found it purely legit, but it is not in the loot tables pulled directly from the game itself.

http://dayzdb.com/database/weapons

That is every confirmed-legit weapon, pulled straight from the game itself...

Okay tier

[*]

MP5A5

[*]

M24 huntingrifle

[*]

UZI_EP1

[*]

M9SD

[*]

Sa61_EP1

[*]

Winchester1866

[*]

Crossbow

[*]

[*]

Shit tier

[*]

Colt1911

[*]

revolver_EP1

[*]

M9

[*]

MakarovSD

Crossbow should be in the shit tier

Edited by Boggs

Well, I just checked the database and it doesn't exist.

News Flash: it does exist (M4 Holo SD). I've found multiple of them on crashed helis over time

Edited by Shea

News Flash: it does exist (M4 Holo SD). I've found multiple of them on crashed helis over time

Are you sure? Next time take a screenshot please. This is what's available form a heli currently (minus the ghillie/camo):

FN_FAL weapon 0.87% bizon_silenced weapon 2.17% M14_EP1 weapon 2.17% FN_FAL_ANPVS4 weapon 0.87% M107_DZ weapon 0.43% BAF_AS50_scoped weapon 0.87% Mk_48_DZ weapon 1.3% M249_DZ weapon 2.17% BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS weapon 0.43% DMR weapon 4.35% military 43.48% medical 21.74% MedBox0 object 4.35% NVGoggles weapon 0.43% AmmoBoxSmall_556 object 4.35% AmmoBoxSmall_762 object 4.35% Skin_Camo1_DZ magazine 3.48% Skin_Sniper1_DZ magazine 2.17%

Newsflash: The gun you are talking about is M4A1 CCO SD

There is no silenced Holo in DayZ.