Sign in to follow this  
Baiski AU

A few questions about Vehicle Spawns?

So me and my friend are trying to find a car to store our stuff in. We have gone from NE Airfield to polana and looked at dayzdb map to see where they spawn. Haven't found 1! Can someone tell me how it works? We are in a low end US server with like 15-20 people. Also if we do find a car do we "Save Car" and will it stay there while we logg off over night?

Thanks.

I posted about this yesterday as I had the same problem. I was told that vehicles are usually all hoarded right away and stored in campsites. So looking at spawnpoints is useless, you're better off searching the woods

So me and my friend are trying to find a car to store our stuff in. We have gone from NE Airfield to polana and looked at dayzdb map to see where they spawn. Haven't found 1! Can someone tell me how it works? We are in a low end US server with like 15-20 people. Also if we do find a car do we "Save Car" and will it stay there while we logg off over night?

Thanks.

Only info i can give is that i took a walk through the woods and found a van deep in a wooded area. My guess is someone logged off there and was hopping to return to the van. I believe the van stays until it is moved. I've heard that it will disappear and respawn at the point after 7 days of nobody touching it. I think i found that on the wiki.

I posted about this yesterday as I had the same problem. I was told that vehicles are usually all hoarded right away and stored in campsites. So looking at spawnpoints is useless, you're better off searching the woods

It's not "useless" per se, I've definitely ran into a couple vehicles at spawn points; the hard part is actually repairing it and getting it AWAY from the spawn, which I've never actually managed to do. All the vehicles I've used were stolen from some one else's camp. (let those big clans do the heavy lifting, it'd take me 9 hours to fix up a vehicle by myself)

Pro-tip though, you can still use a vehicle even if the engine indicator is red (not sure about hull, or wheel indicators though, and I believe damaged fueltank will make the vehicle leak fuel, not positive), so if all the vehicle needs is engine parts, just go hide it somewhere first before looking for engine parts.

Edited by SeptusCap