Sign in to follow this  
Blueluigi6 (DayZ)

Recommendations for my computer?

DayZ is really laggy for me, so can anyone tell me what I have to buy to stop the lagging? (Better graphics card or RAM)

Specs:

AMD Anthlon™ 64 x2 Dual Processor 4000+ 2.10 ghz

32 bit operating system

RAM - 1982

Nvidia Geforce 6150se Nforce 430

i just want the minimum upgrades so I have no lag to the gameplay.

1982 RAM means 2 GB i presume. I also think you have DDR2, rather than DDR3. If you don't have a lot of money to spare i would say get a AMD 6850 and 2GB more memory.

But if you are wiling to buy a whole new computer (Because the one you have is pretty much outdated regarding games like this) then i would say please do because having a quad-core is a standard nowadays especially for gaming. If you were to buy a new one i would advise one with a 6950 videocard (200 euro, 80 more than a 6850) somekind of i5 2500k or i7 processor or a AMD FX8120 processor for ~€170 (this one is alot cheaper than the previous one's and it is an octa-core (8 cores) instead of a quad-core (4 cores)). RAM is fairly cheap you can get 8GB for €40 so that's not a biggie.

Edited by Aseliot

I'm a zombie survival fan, a console gamer for now anyway, and while I've been waiting for Class 3 and Class 4, I really wanted to try Dayz out but don't have a great budget for a new computer.

I was hoping someone could tell me whether this latop would be able to handle the ArmaII game and dayz mod?

http://www.ebuyer.co...op-nx-rurek-001

CPU AMD Quad-Core Processor A6-3420M 1.5GHz, AMD A60M FCH

4GB DDR3 RAM

GPU AMD Radeon HD 7670M – 1GB VRAM

For £500 do you think that i could have a smaller computer company build a computer to a good spec?

Thanks

EDIT: looks like the laptop is no longer available, but it would still be nice to know if these specs are up to scratch if I find something similar.

Edited by Gibbsy