Tolgrim

Finding a vehicle

Hey guys, just wanting some outside opinions on this.

I've looked up on the wiki the locations of various vehicles, and gone to A LOT of them, but never had any luck. Is there any knack to it? If anyone knows the spawning probabilities that would be appreciated too :)

Also, would anyone consider joining up with me for a while, with the eventual goal of actually getting some wheels? I've only ever met hostile people, and have yet to be in a group - forever alone :L I'm UK based, and have a mic of course :) I'm quite experienced, well equipped, and have enough cooked meat for 3 guys xD

Now I think I'll just sit back and watch this thread get shot down, but hey, hopfeully something will come of it eh?

AFAIK the vehicles spawn randomly to those spots when server is brand new. However, if someone repairs one and takes it to some far-away hidden spot, that vehicle is "reserved" as he saves it and there is only X amount of vehicles per type on a single server. So it is not impossible that every possible vehicle is already "taken" and hidden away somewhere as "tent on wheels", so to speak. So spawn locations would turn up empty until someone manages to wreck one of the existing vehicles (or it stays untouched for long enough to "rot" and respawn elsewhere)

So the only way to get a vehicle would be to scour the countryside for those hidden campsites and "liberate" one...

I'm fairly new at this so I may be mistaken but this is how I understand the situation.

Edited by Jarnis

Just search for a server with 300 to 500 vehicles you should have no problem, some servers have up to a 1000 vehicles with removable parts

Hey guys, just wanting some outside opinions on this.

I've looked up on the wiki the locations of various vehicles, and gone to A LOT of them, but never had any luck. Is there any knack to it? If anyone knows the spawning probabilities that would be appreciated too :)

Also, would anyone consider joining up with me for a while, with the eventual goal of actually getting some wheels? I've only ever met hostile people, and have yet to be in a group - forever alone :L I'm UK based, and have a mic of course :) I'm quite experienced, well equipped, and have enough cooked meat for 3 guys xD

Now I think I'll just sit back and watch this thread get shot down, but hey, hopfeully something will come of it eh?

If you play on public hive's then I am willing to join up with you, play a server that we have a few vehicles on :)

PM me if you are interested

lookup a map of popular travelling routes, then track the vehicle and you may also find a camp full of gear. I got my first vehicle by following a chopper cross country and managed to get it and an dmr on my first play!

Finding a vehicle really isn't that hard. Today in Cherno I found a Humvee. (military jeep, also looks smexy) It needed 2 wheels and an engine repair. Once I got it I picked up a guy at the coast who was running from zombies bleeding and we went to stary/nwaf and got very nicely geared. I then went to stash it at my camp but i hit a tree and bam, wheels gone. Cars do not last forever. NEITHER do helicopters as they respawn every restart <_<