Sign in to follow this  
Sula

A great day dying and exploring!

The best thing today was spawning close to a cow. And seeing so many animals in the fields. Not seen that before.

I'm still dying a lot but got to Cherno and into the supermarket! I was so pleased. And I wasn't chased by one zombie. I crawled out of town on my belly with either snipers taking pity or just not around.

I found so much food and drink I couldn't carry it all. I ate most of it to get my blood up again. There were 2 watches, and I saw three of those big army type rucksack but I couldn't work out how to pick up one. I know you have to clear the other stuff away first but still couldn't pick it up. I'll have to re-read the guidance.

What an adventure Day Z is!

I think I've just been killed for the first time. I was trying to find a place to stay for the night and found what looked like a couple of deserted tents surrounded by barbed wire. I'm guessing they weren't deserted! :D

Right I'm off to try to work out how to look at a watch, load a gun - I think I need to find a different guide because the ones I've read ain't helping. :)

• Like 3

Thanks. I think this is my third or fourth day but I haven't had as much chance to play as I would have liked. My pal tried all day and we couldn't get on to the same server for some reason.

The only thing I find I don't enjoy is spawning in a place where you can't see the sky and it's pitch black but you can hear zombies, so can't move. I love the rest of it :)

Thanks. I think this is my third or fourth day but I haven't had as much chance to play as I would have liked. My pal tried all day and we couldn't get on to the same server for some reason.

The only thing I find I don't enjoy is spawning in a place where you can't see the sky and it's pitch black but you can hear zombies, so can't move. I love the rest of it :)

I've had the same situation I kept trying to get on a day server lol.

Edited by aguinn99
  • Like 1

That's why I've swapped to DayZ Commander as my launcher. You can tick boxes to filter out full, day/night, locked, and so on and go right to the servers that have spaces. :)

Usually servers have the timezone in the name. Im assuming your from london, which is GMt+1, so GMT servers will be an hour behind. So if its late at night in england, or its early morning, look for a GMT/UTC with -6 hours or something. I tend to play on servers that are UTC -12 when i log in at night time, then i always know that it will be daytime, unless something went wrong with the server :P

• Like 1

You talk about wanting to know how to load the guns, interact with your gear, etc. Try the Base Operation Arrowhead Tutorials. They're pretty under rated, but I think they're essential, you'll learn how to read maps, shoot various guns, zero in scopes, throw a grenade or two... or 15, you'll look at the different ways to move if you haven't figured them out, and when you start really raking it in on dayZ, you might even need to look at that helicopter tutorial :P best of luck out there! (P.S. Yes you will learn how to use your watch flashlight map etc.)

• Like 2

Thanks Rainbow, not heard of them. I'll have a read if I can find them! I'm assuming they're here somwhere.

Thanks Pureevuls but I don't need to do any of that. I just click find servers and there they are, ready and waiting, with plenty of space, not passworded, not private, and low ping. ;)

Woopsies, my bad. All you have to do is load up Operation Arrowhead, and from the main menu instaed of going to multiplayer, navigate to the tutorials, and you'll load up in game tutorials, it's not a guide on the internet, it's concrete in game training.

Oh that. No, I tried the first one and would have died of boredom if I'd stuck with it. No I just want to know why when I remove my axe from toolbelt and place it in the main weapon space and load it, it still doesn't move. Same with weapons. I can't find a written explanation that says, "Before you can shoot a gun you have to make it your main weapon by pressing ......(whatever it is) and then loading it by pressing .... "

Can't find that anywhere. I still can't see my watch, or compass when I get them. There are no instructions and dayz wiki just says a watch is useful. Yeah, I know if you can see it! :D

Have to yesterday was bitter sweet. My pal tried so hard to meet me on a server but he couldn't get in. He spent the whole day trying and didn't get in once. So that was rotten. On the plus side, when you finally find yourself in your first supermarket, crouching down and examining the loot with a heart full of hope and expectation, after a month of youtube vids seeing others do the same - it's amazing. I hope I never grow so cynical that I forget how happy I was. I got a watch, compass, binoculars, big rucksack, beans, sardines, pasta, coke and pepsi and wow I can't even remember it all. I thought I'd last for days in the woods. Dies less than a hour later. Zombie. :)

Edited by Sula