Sign in to follow this  
Jamesbiff

Installing mod with Gamersgate Combined ops purchase.

Ok, ive followed [OCB]Magnet's video on how to install and done everything to the letter. The only difference is ALL of my files (OA included) are all in the one folder for Arma 2 (exe, everything). When i start the game and i go into the 'expansions' tab, i can see dayz there, but it doesnt have a green checked box and the '@' symbol is also missing (so it is simply 'Dayz' rather than '@dayz'.)

Using the same launcher aswell.

thanks in advance for any help.

the name of the mod doesn't matter my folder could be named @azertyuiop and I could still join @dayz server, I don't get what's your problem ? Is arma II CO not launching properly ?

i cant tell, the game starts up fine, the big icon on the main menu is the one for OA, when i click on multiplayer its just the normal multiplayer.

in short, everything is working normally, but the mod just isnt loading.

I didn't see the video sorry.

You haven't provided enough info above, so I'll do my best:

Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead need to be in separate folders.

Arma 2's "Addons" folder needs to be copied in to the main directory of Arma 2:OA (copy and replace).

The "@DayZ" folder should be placed in the Arma2:OA directory also (may work in "Expansions" too, though I've never tried it)

A shortcut to the Arma2:OA .exe should then be made (to desktop or wherever). Right-click on the shortcut -> Properties -> Shortcut

At the end of the "target" line, type: -mod=@DayZ

Click ok. Run shortcut

basically what i have is this;

i downloaded both Arma2 and OA, installed arma 2 and OA respectively, now they are all in the same folder. How should i separate them?

(im using spirited machine's arma 2 launcher to launch the mod)

If theyre under the same folder, but are separated within the folder, thats fine.

Im not really sure how youve laid it out...can you copy-paste the directory address of both .exes (arma 2, arma2:oa)

EDIT: I'll watch the Arma:CO video and see what you've done...give me a few minutes

sure:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe

OK this is a bit out of my area of knowledge...

Did they automatically install in the same folder, or did you make them install in to the same folder? (ie. custom install: install in to arma 2 directory)

^Nope, shouldn't be...but you will need to talk to someone who purchased Combined Ops. I have only had Arma 2, then bought Arma 2:OA when that came out, and manually turned them in to Arma:CO.

ok, thanks for the help anyhoo.

a little update though: delving a bit deeper, i can see the dayz servers in the server browser, however when i try to connect i just get 'connecting failed'.

I am in exactly the same boat, both installed in same folder, can see the servers, can't connect =[

The "@DayZ" folder should be placed in the Arma2:OA directory also (may work in "Expansions" too' date=' though I've never tried it)

A shortcut to the Arma2:OA .exe should then be made (to desktop or wherever). Right-click on the shortcut -> Properties -> Shortcut

At the end of the "target" line, type: -mod=@DayZ

Click ok. Run shortcut

[/quote']

Try this, it bypasses the need for having a launcher.

Also, try something as simple as running the exe as administrator (right click > Run as administrator).

Mag.

There is no specific directory for OA, both .exes are just under ArmA2

I don't know about the OP, but I bought the game, and the first servers I tried to join were DayZ ones, but I get the same "Connecting Failed" problem no matter what server I try to join, even when the mod isn't installed. :-/ Is there a general fix for this? (I don't mean to hijack the topic but may be helpful to OP too)

update:

would you believe they hadnt included the most up to date versions in the latest download from their website?

after updating, i can enter servers etc, but now im just stuck on 'loading'.

/sigh, it never ends! :P

As in the most up to date version of ArmA2:CO or the most up to date version of DayZ? I haven't downloaded any updates for the game from the developers website, but I did get DayZ straight from here.

as in for arma, i was given 1.5 and 1.10.

Now it says im missing mod file CBA_MAIN and gets stuck on retrieving character.

In that case when I get home later I will try downloading the update off of the devs website, seeing as it seems we are both in pretty much the same boat. Hope ya can get it working.

In that case when I get home later I will try downloading the update off of the devs website' date=' seeing as it seems we are both in pretty much the same boat. Hope ya can get it working.

[/quote']

1.5 and 1.1 arent working for CO, am downloading 1.6 now and will let you know. Otherwide im about to give up on getting this to work.

Patching the game to 1.60 worked for me :)

Although for some reason I can't go into third person :S