Sign in to follow this  
xXPusherXx

Character

Hi

How can I play with the same character on 2 computer's?

Thank you for your reply

Simply install the Arma and mod on both computers... But you will be able to play just on one computer at the same time.

Characters link to your CD-Key not computer IP, so if you have say steam or a retail version of the game, if you install it on two computers using the same copy of the game (either Digital or Hardcopy) the same CD will be used to play the game and your DayZ character will be the same on both comps, only one comp at a time will be able to connect to the DayZ servers for play though due to sharing a CD Key... Hope this helps

hmm ok but by me isn't it so when i play with my computer i must play from the beginn

Characters link to your CD-Key not computer IP, so if you have say steam or a retail version of the game, if you install it on two computers using the same copy of the game (either Digital or Hardcopy) the same CD will be used to play the game and your DayZ character will be the same on both comps, only one comp at a time will be able to connect to the DayZ servers for play though due to sharing a CD Key... Hope this helps

I don't think it quite works like this. I'm pretty sure your character saves on your machine rather than being ip/guid based. I tried Dayz on a friend's steam account before I actually bought the game for myself and still had the same char when I started playing on my own account. There may be some files you could copy to your 2nd computer though but i'm not 100 percent on this.

Edited by WesleyQT

Your character is tied to your serial key of Operation Arrowhead, which is saved in the registry of the PC.

For steam it is simple because when you sign in it automatically sets the correct serial key in the registry, so you can access you character. This is one way of having more than one copy of Operation Arrowhead which allows more than one character.

You cannot use one serial key to play on two computers at the same time, your friend will need to buy the game them self, if they want to play with you.