Sign in to follow this  
Jaznap

Never been this happy in game to find an single item!

Me and two of my friends were playing DayZ yesterday.

We were scavenging Deer stands and isolated buildings between Drozhino and Stary Sobor mainly because we were low on ammo. The evening rolled very decently, but we had bad luck regarding finding something to eat.

We were finaly able to find 2 cans of food, but we had 3 bellies rumbling badly, so then we decided that we had enough ammo to try scavenge Stary Sobor.

We Roamed around the city and decided to enter the city from west because we could get closer from treeline to get some cover versus other survivors (we had heard some gunshots around sobor just about 15min ago) and then we saw those 2 houses that were next to the little pond of water. We had no luck with these buildings, only some makarov mags was found on those, so we decided to proceed little further. We also had diverted a bit, one of my friends was on top of the hill checking out the Z locations with his CZ550 scoped rifle, I decided to go forward from left hand side (when facing east, so meaning I would follow the road) and my other friend decided to go from the rightside of the pond.

After some intense time spent crawling around and still no food found at all (I was already blinkin on food and I was low(ish) on blood, just about 4000-5000 units we decided that we have to take our chances with the market. I was able to proceed from my side, but my friend was blocked (but not detected) by the Z's around there. Luckily I was able to get some directions from my friend uphill and I managed to get inside, completely undetected and safe. I quickly closed all doors I could find and started looking around.

The items were plenty..... but no food, not a single can and I was getting very worried at this point. I knew I would start to lose some blood very soon if I would not find something to eat. I picked up ammo, some smoke grenades and a brand new watch on the "safe" side of the market, then I crawled to the more open side to look for something, anything to eat.... I could not see anything (I was checking out the models out first if I could see a can of food) potent... I found binoculars (yeah! very nice!) but besides that, nothing very special.... I started to approach the last possible stack of the items on the supermarket, it didn't look promising, just some flat things on the floor...

I closed in, opened the loot and.... I FOUND MATCHES! OMG! A BOX OF MATCHES! I said this to my friend and we ALL CHEERED LOUDLY and HAPPILY! Finaly! We actually can cook some meat! This was so satisfying and I knew that we would not have to worry about the food anymore for awhile atleast! (Meaning I could get out alive of course). We were talking about the whole trip over here and we all were on such a good mood after this very precious finding (we all are relative new to this game, only few days survival behind on all of us) and I had already picked up hunting knife on our earlier scavening trips around Chernarus.

I was able to crawl out of there since I had now 2 friends giving me spots and directions (my other friend had crawled up the hill aswell and was giving help with his binoculars) and after a LONG crawling and way too many close calls, we made out of the Stary Sobor wihout a single incident or agro. We ran away from the city and immediatly after scanning the surroundings, made camp fire and cooked some goooooooooooood meat. (Thanks for the sheep&piggy on the way for providing us some raw meat). Satisfied over the night of the game, we decided to log off after a huge success on DayZ

TL;DR & Conclusion:

I have NEVER been this happy to find an item on a game... and what item that was?! A BOX OF MATCHES! HAH! Oh I loved the feeling over the find and so did my friends!

The joy over this lasted over the night, we have been chatting with my friend over the yesterdays scavening and the matches and still have been laughing about it! Can't wait what we can find next! :D

• Like 5

congrats. now all you need is a melee item to take an animal's life silently. :P

I still think its bad you cant just USE the hunting knife to kill animals silently.

True but you can use a hatchet.

@OP: every item you get adds another dimension to the game, good times in store for you :D

lol OP, I had a similar situation, right after one of the patches the loot spawns were messe dup and for the life of me I could not find food in the towns I was raiding, even grocery stores were bare. After almost 3 hours and with a blinking food icon I find food!

Only to get zombie agro =/

Short vid of it:

(Just skip to the middle if impatient)

Edited by Larce