Sign in to follow this  
kieran.gray16@live.co.uk

high spec pc getting 10-20 fps after recent patch

hey about 2-3 weeks ago i was playing dayz nearly every day at 40 fps + on max settings with exceptions to cherno where my fps would drop to 20-30 fps, i stoped playing for a while and came back to about 2 patches and when i got on to the game it was lagging so badly it was simply unplayable, lowering my settings to min wouldnt make the slightest difference so i decided to go onto the steam version of arma 2 and the lag problem was non-existent so ive come to the conclusion that it was the recent patch that was ruined my game.

my system specs:

Asus m5a78l/usb3 motherboard

Amd Phenom ii 960t overclocked to 3.4 ghz

8 GB 1333 G-Skill ram

Asus Gtx 560 non-ti

if anyone can help me out with the problem please post a reply

that gpu and max settings = no go.

try deleting arma2oa.cfg and your profile from documents/armaII folder. it seems 1.62 have better detection for hardware. Delete your cfg-profile file for arma2oa and launch the game so it can detect-create new cfg files. now inside the ArmA2OA.cfg (at documents/arma 2) set

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

this helps with mouse lag also sometimes helps with fps.

set textures highest and all others disabled / low and test your framerate with bechmark (they are at main menu / scenarios). sometimes fps gets worse in some servers.

Edited by hazedaze

that gpu and max settings = no go.

He's tried min settings he said. It's most likely servers that haven't been restarted fault or in general not his computer specs.