Sign in to follow this  
chiefninja

What happened?

I was running carefree with my winchester in the woods around Pulkovo today, when I thought I heard very faint shots in the distance. I went prone to see if I could hear any more. So far I've met three players, two with guns and one with a hatchet. Oddly, only the guy with the hatchet tried to kill me, people with guns just ran away.

Anyway, I was lying there and suddenly my screen went grey- like when you get hit by a zombie. I assumed I was under fire and ran away as fast as I could. I lost no blood, but I have a little white symbol which I think means that my legs are broken, but I can still run around. Does anyone have any idea what happened? It seems like a bit of a long shot that someone could hit me from so far away while I'm hidden in a wood, and I thought broken bones meant that you had to crawl everywhere.

Also, this mod is great.

Edited by ChiefNinja

I've only seen one other case where someone broke their legs but could walk, and that was a hacker messing with someone

Tons of bugs are bound to happen in an alpha mod, so I assume it was just a glitch. You're lucky though; you don't need to crawl around looking for morphine :P

There are two white symbols - broken bones and shock or something like that. If you log out while you are shocked, you will fall unconscious for 5 minutes the next time you log in

Might be a bug, you glitched through the object or put a tent too close to yourself.. or w/e else it's Arma dude. And that icon means *SHOCK* will pass after 5 minutes, just don't logout during this period else u gonna be unconcious on next log in for a long long time..

What does each symbol look like? After I got away I hid in a bush and closed dayz, because I wanted to know what it was, and if I needed to use my morphine. I heard tree roots sometimes try to kill people- maybe it was this?

Edited by ChiefNinja

What does each symbol look like? After I got away I hid in a bush and closed dayz, because I wanted to know what it was, and if I needed to use my morphine. I heard tree roots sometimes try to kill people- maybe it was this?

In the link that guy above us posted, there is a video "How to fix a broken bone". You can see both the "shock" icon and the "broken legs" icon in the video. The shock is the above one.

You probably just glitched on a rock or roots or something. Try not to crouch or prone near anything that sticks out of the ground, and especially no proning in doorframes ^^

Edited by Mindtraveling

I think it may have been a guy sniping from zub, the slope I was on was fairly exposed from there. It was shock, but I didn't fall unconcious when I logged back in.

But you didn't lose any blood, yet you say you got shot. You had to have glitched on a tree root or something. You can't be shot without losing blood lol.