Sign in to follow this  
Vintage (DayZ)

I.D.'ing

now everyone knows the whole bandit skin is going out the window and humanity is hidden. we also heard tid bits on being able to possibly change skins which kinda got me thinking.

how hard is it to possibly put an arm patch or something to that effect on the models?

i mean like a custom one(or have a standard set also?), so... lets say me and my crew of guys could have grey hippos as a shoulder patch. if we were out messing around it's a quick way to ID him as someone you already know. doesn't have a patch? looks like a random just crashed your party.

you wouldn't be forced to have one and could just use a blank arm or whatever but i just think it's a cool idea for harder servers that lock you out of 3rd person and remove tags and all that. as well as gives people who want a sense of community something to show off and feel good about?

or maybe it could just be bandit bait for me trying to ambush you :3

Was thinking about something like this also. Would be nice to have Some kind of arm patch or be able to make some kind of logo for you and your friends and what not.

Also this thread probably belongs in the suggestion thread.

Straight up... maybe.

Could serve as an identifier without causing so many people to shoot on sight. You'd actually have to observe the target before killing them if you care about that sort of thing.

it could be a suggestion but i just wanted to talk about it and see what people think though, not really suggest anything.

Does the xml work with dayz? From what i can tell its only good for identifying vehicles which most of us don't have any of.

I think the patch idea is a good one.