Sign in to follow this  
GodOfGrain

RAGE - Player can turn infected! [Art]

Player can turn to a Zombie, this idea has been raised before. But I have something special in mind, perhaps for the standalone version.

Character gets hurt by a Zombie and has a chance to become infected. This last only 60 seconds and then the Player-Zombies dies.

My idea is, for these 60 seconds:

The vision (and sound) of the infected player changes.

Vision blurrs, changes colour: orange, red, white

A living player appears as something very visually appealing, white, contracting-expanding

Claws on the screen, fleshing biting sound, Heartbeat of 180 beats

You want to get closer. The vision makes you running there. The sound makes you aggressive.

You attack the living. Visuals and sound give immense gratification for this action.

You don't see clearly what you are doing. Without realizing you are killing your colleague which has

travelled with you.

Make it so good that even a player who experienced this before has to restrain himself immensly not to kill his colleagues.

Would make this a fucking piece of art.

Perhaps I try to create a picture of what I have in mind here...

Edited by GodOfGrain

I bet you will never force a group of friends sitting in TS/Vent/Skype to eat each other. Unless they are hardcore RPs having fun from talking to an NPC in WoW for two hours.

The only option is to take control of an infected player while still forcing him to see what going on with his character.

More infection spreads, more often you loose control of your character if nothing is done (cure? possible?). Until you totally lose control.

And then you character becomes a random zombie but with all your luts in his backpack :)

Edited by RubTheRob

I bet you will never force a group of friends sitting in TS/Vent/Skype to eat each other. Unless they are hardcore RPs having fun from talking to an NPC in WoW for two hours.

I start painting, lets see :)