ornithorix

Transportable AmmoBox

Idea: Players can create/loot Ammoxbox that store ammunition no matter what caliber they are.

What does it do?

In arma, we store in gear magazine that have different size in real life but are all the same in Dayz.

The ammobox could be a way to store all bullet in 1 box, without magazines.

How does this works? Lets says that the ammo box can store 250 bullet. You have a DMR magazine, CZ550 magazine, and 1 AKM mag.

By righcliking on the mag, the option "store in ammobox" appear, it takes some time to do it and you fill your ammobox with the bullet.

After this actions, your ammo box will have : -5 cz550 bullet size-10 7.62x51mm caliber and 30 akm bullet. All mag in your gear disappear.

The ammobox has now 205 free space. etc.....

By right clicking on the ammobox, you will have the possibility to recreate mags from the different bullets,according to their calibers.

Exemple:7.62x51mm ->m24 or DMR or FAL mag

It will remove from the ammobox the correct number of bullet:

if you choose m24 it will remove 5 bullets.

If you choose DMR it will remove 10 bullets.

if you choose FAL it will remove 20 bullets.

etc... The same idea for all identical caliber.

If their is not enough bullet in the ammobox, it will give you a mag with the correct number of bullet that are left in the ammobox.

The process of remove bullet from ammobox to new mag will take time. The real time for a human to fill a mag with 5 to 30 bullet in a mag. I dont know how much it would take but people who use guns in real life could tell.

Advantages: It will be possible to create different mag which have same caliber

ex:m16-m4- m249 mag.

DMR-FAL-m14-m24-etc.....

How do we get the ammo box?

2 possibilities:

-loot in deerstand/factory

-can be created with wood (5 or 6)

What places does it take in gear? it should take from 2 to 4 places.

variant: different size for ammobox

The bigger the box is (100 - 225 - 400 bullets size?), the more woods you will need to create it/ the harder it will be to find them in loot table.

3D Model: little ammobox in wood from ARMA 2

If you shoot at this ammobox and if their are bullets inside, it will take fire/explose and bullets will be lose.

So, what do you think about it?

I do not really like the idea of an Ammo Box.

I know you can get ammo from it but it just ruins the fact that you have to search for it in Different places.

Sorry bro.

Btw, Hackers already use these ingame.

Edited by Puffler

I think this is actually an interesting idea that should be discussed and expanded upon. The idea should be fleshed out to a true game mechanic. If anything, it is definitely a better idea that most that are tossed around these forums.

These ammobox are supposed to be fill by yourself. They spawn EMPTY, you build them EMPTY. There is already ammobox that spawn in Airfield, full of ammo, like medical cardbox in hospital.

These wood ammobox should not be so hard to find/create in the way i see them.

Edited by ornithorix