alchemy1002

Friendly Fire Option.

How about an option to make "friendly fire" impossible if both users agree.

You come up to a survivor, press the friendly button, the other guys screen says friendly request. If he hits it you can't kill him, he can't kill you. Problem solved, then u know if someone is shady if they don't agree.

If this game wasn't supposed to be realistic I would say that's ok, maybe, probably not.. But, think of real life. It's possible someone could come off friendly, but then try to kill you.. I think there is a way to salute or something in this game. I don't really trust it.. but I still refrain from shooting unless I feel immediate threat.

nice poem.

bad suggestion/idea.

Sting you sure do leave a lot of negative feedback... Please give us some suggestions Ffs... Apparently no ideas are the best to you.. please leave your suggestions are gtfo of the suggestion section...

That is all...

nice poem.

bad suggestion/idea.

Sting you sure do leave a lot of negative feedback... Please give us some suggestions Ffs... Apparently no ideas are the best to you.. please leave your suggestions are gtfo of the suggestion section...

That is all...

He can choose to say if an idea is bad if he wants. This idea isn't that great, seems like people recently are sort of losing the focus of what this game is suppose to be like. Besides, there's been an influx of suggestions like these for awhile anyways.

To explain why this wouldn't be a great mechanic. Part of the intensity of the game is wondering whether or not this guy you just teamed up with is really just planning on shooting you later, if you add in a mechanic that gets rid of it then it would completely remove the trust factor out of the equation.

What is this obsession some people have with making DayZ easy? Now I get why Rocket called you guys carebears. DayZ is an anti-game. It's not meant to be rainbows and sunshine. It's meant to suck, and from what I can tell it's meant to be an experience. Not that trinkety scripted crap people seem so content with nowadays.

If you want an easy zombie game where you can mindlessly shoot crap, play L4D.

Damn.. didn't realize you sent your girlfriends after me sting haha, take it easy guys/girls.. not a carebear... Don't want to make the game easy.. friendly fire would take away from the realistics of the game and after posting on it a week or so ago I see now the error of my ways.. and realize that I love having it on enspecially when I can shoot you in the back of the head with old black betty after saying I'm a friendly then taking your shit and rolling out haha.. so to call me a care bear.. I think not. Only reason I posted it in the first place on a seperate thread was because I accidently shot my real life friend when he ran out in front of me while I was trying to kill a zombie... And hell I have died to it as well while trying to group with my friends and accidently getting shot.. it does suck but hey... Haters gonna hate..

Damn.. didn't realize you sent your girlfriends after me sting haha' date=' take it easy guys/girls.. not a carebear... Don't want to make the game easy.. friendly fire would take away from the realistics of the game and after posting on it a week or so ago I see now the error of my ways.. and realize that I love having it on enspecially when I can shoot you in the back of the head with old black betty after saying I'm a friendly then taking your shit and rolling out haha.. so to call me a care bear.. I think not. Only reason I posted it in the first place on a seperate thread was because I accidently shot my real life friend when he ran out in front of me while I was trying to kill a zombie... And hell I have died to it as well while trying to group with my friends and accidently getting shot.. it does suck but hey... Haters gonna hate..

[/quote']

Not so much towards you, but just that there are so many people asking for things to make the game easier. We have easy games, why make another?

Is Rocket's use of "carebear" directed towards players that want things to be easy or players that want everyone to love each other and get along?

Oh my, don't get too upset, I did say you had a nice poem.

EDIT: I just noticed how many words you directed at my two lines of text. Relax, don't get so upset over something so small.

It honestly seemed like you didn't spend more than 10 seconds thinking/typing out this suggestions so I figured my reply would suffice. I guess not so here goes.

You're trying to add training wheels to this game. Don't. Just stop trying to make it easier.

Just to claify, as you seem to have a problem getting it.

The fact that you will hit your teamate if you can't aim for sht is a good thing.

The fact anyone can turn on you in an instant is also a good thing.

Removing either of these, even if it's optional and something two players want, IS BAD FOR REALISM.

Welcome to dayz. This mod runs on the tears of children.

Ok guys, before you post, here's a good way to check if your ideas are good:

Would it make the game less hard/uncertain/threatening at any given moment?

If your answer is yes, the idea is bad.

Although I hate the fact that I get killed by friendlies (as in RL friends) by accident; it is realistic that if you can kill one person with a weapon you can kill everyone with it.

Personally I hate games where FF can be turned off (or doesn't exists at all), since it will just result in spamming (ammo that is) and teamwork will be totally gone within seconds.

The fact that you walk in the LOF of you "friend", or your "friend" has a terrible aim, is just a part of the game.

Lag and de-sync issues are another story, however; just play safe.